• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taking Cold Weather Gear Donations

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
I work in Marietta on the night shift. On my way in I drive past countless homeless people. I spoke to one last week who explained to me how must ministries works. Apparently they fill up pretty quickly, especially in the winter. If you have or can spare:
Any old or extra cold weather gear:
Blankets, gloves, toboggins (warm hats... I dont know what they are called), sleeping bags, socks, hot hands, jackets, ect and are willing to donate them, I will come pick them up from you if you are in a relatively close proximity and give them to the many in need.
I have been trying to do what I can with food or extra winter gear I have been throwing into the back of my car but it seems like there are so many out there that are still cold and literally sleeping on "the streets". Ive always been a big supporter of "giving to charities" but I never know where my donations actually go. If you have anything to donate I can assure you it will go to someone who is cold and in need.

I get that there are people on the streets that have put themselves there by their own devices, decisions, and habits but that doesn't mean they need to be cold doing it.
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom