• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taking a limited number of hunters for Metro Atlanta Area

I got one of their postcard solicitations in the mail looking for members and/or for land to hunt. I'm sure the background checks are so they can tell land owners "Don't worry, all of our shooters have passed a background check." Seems understandable to me.
I personally have no interest as I can hunt my own suburban back yard but the population in some areas really could stand a little more hunting pressure. Heck I've seen no less than 4 piebalds in my backyard over the last few years (I've never seen one in the 'wild') and that is NOT indicative of a healthy herd balance. Hence the extra long season (January) for the metro counties...

I am a member and so are a few of my co-workers. Metro Atlanta Bucks is a legit and great way to hunt property all over the metro area and for a pretty cheap pay as you go rate. I'm happy I joined.

The government or the DNR dose not require BGC to hunt in Ga. Why do you?

My guess is that the state doesn't require a BGC because they aren't allowing hunters onto private citizens land. If you as a land owner are considering hunters on your property near your home and family, at a minimum you want to know that none of them are violent felons. Does it solve all problems? NO. BUt its a good start.

Sounds pretty good to me. Wish I lived in the metro Atlanta area......no, wait what am I saying....never mind.

I am a member and so are a few of my co-workers. Metro Atlanta Bucks is a legit and great way to hunt property all over the metro area and for a pretty cheap pay as you go rate. I'm happy I joined.

My guess is that the state doesn't require a BGC because they aren't allowing hunters onto private citizens land. If you as a land owner are considering hunters on your property near your home and family, at a minimum you want to know that none of them are violent felons. Does it solve all problems? NO. BUt its a good start.

How many deer have you been successful taking on these properties so far?

Back
Top Bottom