• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sweet pistol case idea

How to you like the rolling one for the bottom? I liked their system for tools but I didn't like that you had to take off the lid completely on the big one to get inside.

I like it - I wanted to be able to get a full set of tools in the trunk of a civic so this system works for me. I don't mind the lid coming off completely; I flipped it upside down and used velcro to attach straps over the honey-comb type compartments that provide the strength so it can hold small containers and rolls of duct tape. So I basically turned it into useable space. I wish Rigid had thought of the idea themselves so it would already be set up for it.

Dewalt has a similar system but it requires purchase and use of a separate metal hand-truck. It's nice but much more expensive and the hand-trucks would never have fit in my trunk.

I like it - I wanted to be able to get a full set of tools in the trunk of a civic so this system works for me. I don't mind the lid coming off completely; I flipped it upside down and used velcro to attach straps over the honey-comb type compartments that provide the strength so it can hold small containers and rolls of duct tape. So I basically turned it into useable space. I wish Rigid had thought of the idea themselves so it would already be set up for it.

Dewalt has a similar system but it requires purchase and use of a separate metal hand-truck. It's nice but much more expensive and the hand-trucks would never have fit in my trunk.
Thanks. Yeah I went with the dewalt for the tools. And you're right it's not cheap. I like it alright. Kind of like the top containers on the ridgid and the bottom of the dewalt system.

image.jpg mko.jpg pl,.jpg gtr.jpg nbu.jpg I'm also looking for a box for my AR Pistol. I'm hoping to find a Dewalt box. I do construction and in and out of motels. I found this laptop bag in the garage and its working ok. Nobody seems to look twice at it.

Picked one up this morning. I don't think you can beat that for $30. Seems pretty tough, and sufficiently water resistant.

I did see a display that had both latches broken off which generally isn't a good sign, but I'm a lot more careful with my stuff than most.

Got some 1" charcoal foam. According to my measurements, I should be a blue to put a solid layer in the bottom, a second layer cut out for 2 full size pistols, a third solid layer, then a 4th with 2 more pistol cut outs, then some egg crate in the lid. Should be able to haul 4 full size pistols and ammo in this thing. If it works out, I'll have plenty of extra foam to pass on if anyone wants some.

Got some 1" charcoal foam. According to my measurements, I should be a blue to put a solid layer in the bottom, a second layer cut out for 2 full size pistols, a third solid layer, then a 4th with 2 more pistol cut outs, then some egg crate in the lid. Should be able to haul 4 full size pistols and ammo in this thing. If it works out, I'll have plenty of extra foam to pass on if anyone wants some.
Where did you get the foam, how thick is it and what was the cost? I looked all over for foam and ended up settling for a mattress pad.

I've used a couple different places in the past, this is the first time I've used this place, but they are a little cheaper. Foam Factory foambymail.com.

I've used two and three inch before for electronics & RC car/plane transmitters. I got 1" for this so that I could sandwich the layers and get 4 pistols in there. The center section of that case measures right at 5". Should work out great. I'll post the results when it arrives and I get it cut out.

Thanks OP. I really like this idea. Looks like it will be awesome.

I went to the HD in Snellville on Hwy 78, and the case was not on hand. In fact, it didn't even show up in their inventory search. What gives?
Tb

Edit: I now see, after going through all the posts, that the OP must have put a Geissele label on the case. I didn't see any cases on hand at either Lowes or HD that seemed to be the same one as the OPs. But, at HD I did pick up a really nice electronic key pad/key lock hand gun safe for $69 [on sale regularly 120$+/-]. I got one for my daughter for a B-day present later this month. It is a "SentrySafe Quick Access." There was another case, key only, for the same price, maybe a bit smaller that would be good in a vehicle. It had a steel cable tie down that could be run around a seat to slow down anyone trying to carry it off. I may get one for my PU just to use when I have to go in somewhere where I can't (legally) carry my gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom