• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sweet pistol case idea

It's the ridgid case right? I was thinking about either that one or the Huskey one.
The husky brand isn't quite as heavy duty as the rigid. That may or may not matter to you for your purposes. The Dewalt case is beast but it's smaller than the Rigid. It also costs more.

The husky brand isn't quite as heavy duty as the rigid. That may or may not matter to you for your purposes. The Dewalt case is beast but it's smaller than the Rigid. It also costs more.

I do construction and a die hard rigid fan. I've debated between something like this and a pelican case. Have you put the water resistance to the test?

I was just saying the other day that I needed a new range bag. This is way better. Thank you for thinking outside my little box. Haha
Great idea for guns 'n stuff and glad he was "thinking outside the box" too.
Feline Sense.jpg

I do construction and a die hard rigid fan. I've debated between something like this and a pelican case. Have you put the water resistance to the test?
No but I will. It seals pretty tight so I'm sure it wouldn't get wet if it got rained on or dropped in water for a little bit. I'll try submerging it and see what happens

So I wouldn't call it waterproof. I put it in the shower (to simulate rain) and it did not leak after a couple minutes when it was right side up. When I placed it on its side for a minute a little water did get in (a couple drops). I submerged it for a minute and a good bit of water got in then I noticed there was a gap in the gasket. I fixed the gap by stretching the gasket and it did better (some drops when submerged) but obviously not waterproof. Not a deal breaker for me but good to know. I honestly expected it to do a bit better. First two photos show the gap in the gasket.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great idea!! I have all 3 sizes and use them for tool boxes right now but may have to get another one now to use for guns. Thanks for sharing! Here's the other sizes in case anyone is curious

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_400_f9_f99b611b_5bd2_4a54_8f1c_6b0643cce344_400.jpg

How to you like the rolling one for the bottom? I liked their system for tools but I didn't like that you had to take off the lid completely on the big one to get inside.
Great idea!! I have all 3 sizes and use them for tool boxes right now but may have to get another one now to use for guns. Thanks for sharing! Here's the other sizes in case anyone is curious

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_400_f9_f99b611b_5bd2_4a54_8f1c_6b0643cce344_400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom