• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swap Meet 02/15/14 - UPDATED WITH WEATHER INFO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're free to do so, are you going to be there?

I honestly am shocked at this. You'll never meet a more pro carry person than me, but I'm not so dumb as to allow live guns in the same place that training guns (that look, feel and function the same as live guns) are being used to shoot other people.

This has been the law of the land from the beginning and is enforced with all LE agencies just like any other class. DTK does and will do everything possible to prevent a client from injury, much less being shot.

I would venture to guess that there isn't a professional instructor out there that would disagree with the rule.
I don't know if I'll be there or not. I hope so, but my daughter has a track meet in the morning, and I'm supposed to help build a little fence in the afternoon. We'll see.

The initial post simply said "carry guns will be ziptied like a gun show". There was no mention of a force on force area whatsoever.

Here it is for reference:

OK ODT, the date for the swap meet will be Saturday Feb 15, this is the only Saturday in February that we can move classes from. I know this date doesn't work for everyone, but it's the only date that we can make this happen.

If you want a table to show your stuff, you will need to bring it with you. We have the space, just not the tables.

If you're bringing a firearm it will need to be zip tied at the door just like a gun show. This applies to carry guns as well, any other time you're welcome to carry at our facility.

We are only offering a space where we can meet, swap, sell, trade stuff. There is no charge for anyone. That's about it, no food, no drinks, no tables and no electricity if you have a cash register, just a safe free place to swap with like minded people.

I wasn't going to weigh in, primarily because I won't be attending...but there seems to be some confusion maybe about where, exactly, on your faculty this event is taking place and what will be running concurrently with the event.

I admit, when I saw the "carry guns must be zip-tied" disclaimer I was put off as well.

OK then, I'll try and clear this up.
The front of our facility is where the classroom and sad little "store" is and we welcome people to carry in that area. The back of the building, where the swap meet will be held is the area that we use the training guns (simmunition guns and airsoft guns) in our shoothouse and open training area. We have never and will never allow live firearms to be mixed with training guns used to shoot the instructors and other clients.

We were planning to allow people to clear the shoothouse using the airsoft guns, simmunition is $.60 per rnd so that's a no go. If there is no interest in clearing the shoothouse, I'll be glad to remove all training guns from the shop and close off the shoothouse.

Quick point of clarification, please, DTK.

I will have some firearms for sale/trade. Is it ok to unzip to allow the prospective buyer/trader to cycle the action/check the trigger pull? Applying another zip tie after said check is done?

Or is there another area where this could be done?

Thanks again for having us!

Sure thing, done this at plenty of gun shows myself.

Your house, your rules. Doesn't matter whether I agree or not. I have no interested in shooting airsoft guns, or going through the clear house or open training area. I will be there, but not going to bring but a couple of guns.

OK then, I'll try and clear this up.
The front of our facility is where the classroom and sad little "store" is and we welcome people to carry in that area. The back of the building, where the swap meet will be held is the area that we use the training guns (simmunition guns and airsoft guns) in our shoothouse and open training area. We have never and will never allow live firearms to be mixed with training guns used to shoot the instructors and other clients.

We were planning to allow people to clear the shoothouse using the airsoft guns, simmunition is $.60 per rnd so that's a no go. If there is no interest in clearing the shoothouse, I'll be glad to remove all training guns from the shop and close off the shoothouse.
That makes much more sense. I didn't understand the shoot house was in the same area as the swap meet. Thanks for clearing it up...hope you guys have fun!

I will respect your rules regardless of the decision, but I think more people are interested in the social and swap meet aspects than the shoot house. I'd prefer to keep my carry gun on me. The idea of publicly advertising that everyone will be unarmed but there will be money and merchandise available doesn't set well with me. I know those are gun show rules, but I don't go to gun shows. I'm a 90% will-attend for several hours if I can carry; I'm only 20% will-attend if I've got to be disarmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom