• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swap Meet 02/15/14 - UPDATED WITH WEATHER INFO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carry guns need to be zip tied? Seriously?

Yep, we do not and will not allow live firearms in our force on force training area where the swap meet is being held.
I make no apologies for this rule and I'm steadfast on it. If the zip ties are too much for everyone we can always close off the shoothouse not allowing anyone to go through it, easy fix.

Your choice ODT, just let me know.

Might should start a poll on this subject, it could save me some work. :D

Last edited:
You're free and encouraged to carry in the shop, just not in the force on force training area. I would think that the reason for this would be obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for you getting to make the call. I'm also grateful for your generosity in hosting the event...muchos kudos to you. I just disagree with the policy.

Yep, we do not and will not allow live firearms in our force on force training area where the swap meet is being held.
I make no apologies for this rule and I'm steadfast on it. If the zip ties are too much for everyone we can always close off the shoothouse not allowing anyone to go through it, easy fix.

Your choice ODT, just let me know.

Might should start a poll on this subject, it could save me some work. :D
your house your rules,they can play by the rules or stay home simple as that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for you getting to make the call. I'm also grateful for your generosity in hosting the event...muchos kudos to you. I just disagree with the policy.

You're free to do so, are you going to be there?

I honestly am shocked at this. You'll never meet a more pro carry person than me, but I'm not so dumb as to allow live guns in the same place that training guns (that look, feel and function the same as live guns) are being used to shoot other people.

This has been the law of the land from the beginning and is enforced with all LE agencies just like any other class. DTK does and will do everything possible to prevent a client from injury, much less being shot.

I would venture to guess that there isn't a professional instructor out there that would disagree with the rule.

Last edited:
You're free to do so, are you going to be there?

I honestly am shocked at this. You'll never meet a more pro carry person than me, but I'm not so dumb as to allow live guns in the same place that training guns are being used to shoot other people.

This has been the law of the land from the beginning and is enforced with all LE agencies just like any other class. DTK does and will do everything possible to prevent a client from injury, much less being shot.

I would venture to guess that there isn't a professional instructor out there that would disagree with the rule.

I wasn't going to weigh in, primarily because I won't be attending...but there seems to be some confusion maybe about where, exactly, on your faculty this event is taking place and what will be running concurrently with the event.

I admit, when I saw the "carry guns must be zip-tied" disclaimer I was put off as well.

Quick point of clarification, please, DTK.

I will have some firearms for sale/trade. Is it ok to unzip to allow the prospective buyer/trader to cycle the action/check the trigger pull? Applying another zip tie after said check is done?

Or is there another area where this could be done?

Thanks again for having us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom