• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Svt-40 prices

Svt-40 is Russian
Did not know that. I assumed they were Chinese because I was watching a show on surplus weapons and they pointed out that Canada gets them cheap because they do not ban the importation of Chinese firearms like we have in the U.S.

Maybe all the SVT-40's are routed through China, I have no idea how that works.

And yes they were talking about and shooting the SVT-40 at the time.

Surplus prices go up every time a new WW2 video game comes out causes the supply to dry up as well…it’s a good thing though brings a lot of new people into the shooting sports and collecting realm which does nothing but help it …but makes regular surplus junky’s cry cause no more stacking deep for cheap lolol….it’s basically just good practice that any new surplus to hit the market (carcanos for example) to just buy 3 or more and wait cause eventually it turns into the new mosin or sks that everyone “I paid $65 for one in a barrel back in the day” guns eventually

I'd check RIA for prices. Keep in mind your bid price is not the total, multiply your bid x.018 (auction fees) and then another .07 (for GA sales tax) amd finally insured shipping which is about 150. Just keep in mind the values.

North of the border they get SVT-40's for $400 all day. No China import ban in Canada.
Sadly there haven’t been $400 SVT’s up there in quite some time. A friends dad in BC was selling one for $700 but I stupidly didn’t jump on it when I had the chance. Typically in Canada they go for $1000-1500 CAD

The lack of Chinese import ban only means that knockoff Norinco Sigs, Type 97 & Type 81’s are getting imported, the supply or Chinese SKS’s has slowed down to a trickle.

http://www.Gunpost.ca gives a good idea about the kind of prices for guns in Canada. Long gone are the days of $100 or $200 SKS’s, $500 SVT’s and inexpensive Lee Enfields.

I haven’t see one below 1600 in a while now.
What’s a non-sniper Tula going for these days?
If they are tuned right, they are nice shooters. Long piston gas system tempers the recoil of the 54r.
Still pretty loud though. Magazines can be tricky. Really need original mags, not aftermarkets.
Elegant rifles.

Back
Top Bottom