• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor help

Call Quiet riot in McDonough. Jake knows his **** and will get you hooked up.

Griffin Armament just released their gen 2 Bushwacker 46.

Just remember, these multi-cal/hybrid suppressors may work on just about everything, but they don't work particularly well on anything.

Whatever you do OP,

Call Jake from State Quiet Riot.

He’s an expert on shhhh around these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like my dead air nomad and would buy it again. May even get a second one to dedicate to my mcx. Very quiet and light, haven’t felt gas come back yet either. Took a full mag dump to get my eyes to feel anything. Weight wise I don’t even notice it on the end. Full auto rated but not belt fed rated. Can change end caps to be caliber specific but .223 was easily tolerable under a roof with .30 cal end cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up with an octane 45 and a trash panda. 556 sounds good out of the trash panda. 9mm sounds good out of the octane. Might run octane on a 10/22 as well. Next can is a dedicated .22lr can. I don’t shoot bigger than .30cal so the trash panda made sense.

22 cans are the best. I always suggest these as someone first can.

I just picked up a Q Erector a little while ago and that is probably the coolest 22 can on the market right now. You can pretty much dial in any length or noise level just by adding and subtracting baffle segments.

I'd have more to report on it but Cherokee got it in April and even though my name, phone and email were right there on the box, they never called me and I didn't track it down through the NFA branch until this month.

I've bought everything else I own through Quiet Riot, and that'll teach me to try someplace different.

22 cans are the best. I always suggest these as someone first can.

I just picked up a Q Erector a little while ago and that is probably the coolest 22 can on the market right now. You can pretty much dial in any length or noise level just by adding and subtracting baffle segments.

I'd have more to report on it but Cherokee got it in April and even though my name, phone and email were right there on the box, they never called me and I didn't track it down through the NFA branch until this month.

I've bought everything else I own through Quiet Riot, and that'll teach me to try someplace different.

this ^^^^
OP get a rimfire can, maybe several, that’s the most fun to shoot in my own opinion.
I’m on my 10th can and about to get number 11 and compared to some folks on here I’m still an amateur can/stamp collector

Agree with above. The 22 can gets the most use. Always puts a smile on my face. That's where I would start if I was to do it over again. Started with a 5.56 and while it is cool and I do enjoy it. It is just not the same as sending a 40 grain 22 down range with nothing but action noise or a firing pin smacking the rim and of course the impact.

In for info.

just starting down the 9mm pcc path and would love a can (would be my first) that would work on 9 and .22lr

my buddy uses his dead air ghost on all his pistols, 300 blk subs, and 22’s. Definitely not as quiet as a true rimfire can. But still well within hearing safe. Shooting 22s though you have to clean it a good bit more. He uses my ultrasonic cleaner to clean his baffles and then scrubs them with some concoction of cleaners and solvents. I’ve never shot 22 through my ghost and my baffles come fairly clean with just the ultrasonic cleaning...much cleaner than his. And my can is a year older and probably more 9mm sub rounds through it than all his rounds combined.

I like to keep my rimfire cans as rimfire cans only. But that’s just me. Everyone can do what they want. I’d say most folks that get hooked and go down the rabbit hole would want a dedicated rimfire can, a dedicated pistol can, and 30 cal can. Of course there are definitely more options to explore. I have dedicated cans for all the above and am still buying more. I think it’s some sort of addiction.

Back
Top Bottom