• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor help

In for info.

just starting down the 9mm pcc path and would love a can (would be my first) that would work on 9 and .22lr

While you could get a can that did both 9 and 22, I would buy a dedicated 22s and then do pistol calibers with something else.

The 22 cans are generally made so that they are easier to clean, because 22 cans get probably 10x dirtier than center-fire cans do.

Also, 22 cans are direct thread since 22's are a fixed barrel gun 99.99999% of the time. Swapping the piston needed for locked-breach actions (usually) on and off to go between the two will be a pain, but you have to do it since shooting a fixed barrel with the piston on the can will eventually trash your threading.

And I don't even want to talk about forgetting to take the 22 end cap off when you shoot your 9mm...

I would definitely split these two apart and get a dedicated 22 can, and then one for 9mm and above. Maybe one of the multi-part cans in 9mm or 45 that could pretty much handle all your centerfire (pistol and some rifle probably) needs.

I would suggest a dedicated 22 can also. 22 or is a nasty animal. While 9mm cans will suppress 22 fairly well it is not ideal. You have a much longer and heavier can that is not suppressing 22 to its potential. I also recomind a .45 can over a dedicated 9. The rugged obsidian I have works awesome on sub 9mm and is also great on 45. If you are only in a position to get one at this time I would still go with the 22 and save up for a 45 can. Most 45 cans will handle 300 blk subsonic. It opens tou up to a larger range of calibers.
Same for a rifle can. I would go 30 cal.

While you could get a can that did both 9 and 22, I would buy a dedicated 22s and then do pistol calibers with something else.

The 22 cans are generally made so that they are easier to clean, because 22 cans get probably 10x dirtier than center-fire cans do.

Also, 22 cans are direct thread since 22's are a fixed barrel gun 99.99999% of the time. Swapping the piston needed for locked-breach actions (usually) on and off to go between the two will be a pain, but you have to do it since shooting a fixed barrel with the piston on the can will eventually trash your threading.

And I don't even want to talk about forgetting to take the 22 end cap off when you shoot your 9mm...

I would definitely split these two apart and get a dedicated 22 can, and then one for 9mm and above. Maybe one of the multi-part cans in 9mm or 45 that could pretty much handle all your centerfire (pistol and some rifle probably) needs.

Yep, I agree. This is why I got a Spectre II for 22 and a Hybrid 46 for everything else.

I would disagree with most of what’s in here. I’d get something you can get the most use out of, which would be a dead air ghost 45m. You can then play with .22 up to .45 and sub .300s. From there you can see how much you like it and get into specialty stuff like a .22 can.

I personally use my nomad the most, then would be the ghost, then my .22 can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got two 22 cans, DeadAir Ghost, ACL22 from Dobbs, now looking for a dedicated 556 can and think i'm going with the OSS HX QD 556K for several reasons

I got two 22 cans, DeadAir Ghost, ACL22 from Dobbs, now looking for a dedicated 556 can and think i'm going with the OSS HX QD 556K for several reasons

I run my nomad mostly on a 556 7.5” pistol. Does a great job and very little gas if any. Tolerable with no hearing protection. I run the .30 end cap but the .223 end cap would help even more. Nomad L would do even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a really good thread, I am thinking about getting into suppressors mainly for 556 and 308 and the guys that mentioned the sick omega got my attention looks like an awesome suppressor all around, anyone with info on it or something similar to it can chime in.

This is a really good thread, I am thinking about getting into suppressors mainly for 556 and 308 and the guys that mentioned the sick omega got my attention looks like an awesome suppressor all around, anyone with info on it or something similar to it can chime in.
Great can. I have a second on the way. Use it for long-range precision and general-purpose shooting.

Give a good look at the Energetic Armament VOX as well. If I didn't get a killer deal on the second Omega, I would have gotten the Vox

Back
Top Bottom