• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor for 6.5PRC

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking for a can for 6.5PRC. Is this similar to 6.5Creedmoor as far as pressures and stuff go when shooting? He wants a multi caliber can like the Optimus and other cans of that type.

maintaining the best accuracy? probably look at a TBAC (Thunder Beast Arms), they tend to be what most precision shooters are using. I assume he's shooting the PRC in a bolt gun (vs some are shooting Creedmoor in AR platform) and looking for accuracy.

other than that, Dead Air Nomad, Nomad L would be good options. I'm sure Q makes something that would be good as would SilencerCo.

Multical can will be fine but won't suppress as well and will be heavier. PRC is more pressure obviously but it's nothing that causes any additional consideration for cans. Any can with a larger than 6.5mm aperture should handle it fine.

PRC has more pressure than Creedmoor, as PRC is more like a magnum version of the 6.5 Creedmoor. Not much to say a 6.5 TBAC Ultra couldnt handle it. 6.5 PRC factory loads lob the same weight bullets at about 200-250 fps faster than 6.5 Creedmoor. Also shoots flatter than 6.5 Creedmoor.

I’m trying to figure out what he’s using it for. It’s my brothers brother in law. I know he hunts and I don’t think he’s a target shooter so I’m trying to steer him in the right direction and know nothing about this caliber or 6.5 creed.

Multical can will be fine but won't suppress as well and will be heavier. PRC is more pressure obviously but it's nothing that causes any additional consideration for cans. Any can with a larger than 6.5mm aperture should handle it fine.
I am familiar with that for sure. I have a Griffin Optimus that I run on my Evo and .22 bolt gun. Gets the job done but could be better.

If he's hunting, I would stick with more traditional calibers, but I'm not a hunter.

I’m trying to figure out what he’s using it for. It’s my brothers brother in law. I know he hunts and I don’t think he’s a target shooter so I’m trying to steer him in the right direction and know nothing about this caliber or 6.5 creed.

You have a do all suppressor. Go for a 9mm can for the Evo and achieve better results.

I am familiar with that for sure. I have a Griffin Optimus that I run on my Evo and .22 bolt gun. Gets the job done but could be better.

Back
Top Bottom