• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressing an M1A?

I run a sdn6 on a scout M1a. Very gassy but it works. Have to have an adjustable gas plug for it to run correctly. Still need ears though.

Attachments

• A1075E6A-D5EE-495B-AFAF-6FD7E02BFEB6.jpeg
    A1075E6A-D5EE-495B-AFAF-6FD7E02BFEB6.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 87985B71-1EF3-4D50-B507-36DB0F0C8D99.jpeg
    87985B71-1EF3-4D50-B507-36DB0F0C8D99.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone have an M1a set up with their can? I am looking at a scout model and the reviews I have read are all hit or miss.

Is it something you can do at home?
do you need a different gas system or components and are you able to shoot with and without the can reliably?

Bought a .30 can a few years back, perhaps biggest waste of money I ever spent on gun stuff. A .30 cal anything, to shoot suppressed, must stay below the 1100 fps ( or there about depending on elevation, temperature and humidity). That understood, a small .300 Blackout shoots the same bullets, at the same speed to be subsonic and has very near the same energy as a .300 win mag shooting suppressed. .300 Blackouts are getting real cheap, specially in AR uppers. If you want to shoot suppressed, I suggest you also reload, and the .300 Blackout uses less case capacity (powder) than the others.

IMHO - the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Sold my .300 blackouts (2), ammo went with it, dies went also. Can is rarely on anything but a .22 and isnt great for that either.

Bought a .30 can a few years back, perhaps biggest waste of money I ever spent on gun stuff. A .30 cal anything, to shoot suppressed, must stay below the 1100 fps ( or there about depending on elevation, temperature and humidity). That understood, a small .300 Blackout shoots the same bullets, at the same speed to be subsonic and has very near the same energy as a .300 win mag shooting suppressed. .300 Blackouts are getting real cheap, specially in AR uppers. If you want to shoot suppressed, I suggest you also reload, and the .300 Blackout uses less case capacity (powder) than the others.

IMHO - the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Sold my .300 blackouts (2), ammo went with it, dies went also. Can is rarely on anything but a .22 and isnt great for that either.
Sounds like you just had a bad day pal
giphy.gif

LOL. Shoulda got your information for how cans work from somewhere other than Hollywood

Back
Top Bottom