• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed PSA AK

Brett

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
68   0
Reaction score
So purchased myself a PSA AK47 G3. Comes with standard AK style threading of 14x1LH. I run a Rugged Surge on my other .30cal rifles but they are 5/8x24. Contacted Rugged and they do not make an adapter for their line of suppressors because of fear of non-concentric threading on most AK barrels. Their suggestion was to cutoff existing threads and have them redone in 1/2x28 which I thought would leave the barrel walls a little thin. So what to do. Is there an adapter out there 14x1 to 5/8x24? Or move the sight back cut off the threads and re-do or can the existing threads be re-cut to 1/2x28?

I use a Griffin Armament adapter.
It's worth the extra money.
Amazing quality and it seat on the crown of the barrel to stay concentric.

You will also want one of the 2 to keep from beating your gun up due to overgasing.
A 15%-20% stronger recoil spring or run an adjustable gas piston.

I run the KNS adjustable gas piston in all mine to prevent overgasing.
My spent casing drop 3 feet to my right after tuning the KNS.

There is a thread adapter company that makes thread adapter for “ oil filters” , I think the name was Infinate

Full disclosure I only heard this from a friend that knew some one that used this product to catch oil from running out the end of the barrel to protect the environment . I actually think he watch a you tube video

There is a thread adapter company that makes thread adapter for “ oil filters” , I think the name was Infinate

Full disclosure I only heard this from a friend that knew some one that used this product to catch oil from running out the end of the barrel to protect the environment . I actually think he watch a you tube video
lol

Back
Top Bottom