• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed Ar10 Guys, step inside

Sorry, I was sitting in one of my favorite deer stands when I snapped that picture. Gun is a 16" DPMS slick side with Magpul furniture. Adj Gas block tuned to run both suppressed and unsuppressed. Currently is topped with a Vortex HogHunter 3x12x56 in Aero mounts, and sporting a SilCo Harvester 762. I have upgraded the trigger to a LaRue also. Taken a couple of deer with it. I've also got an Adams Arms 308 with adjustable piston and a Burris scope. Normally, I hunt with a 7.62x39 AR suppressed with Vortex Viper on it. Short ranges and a lot lighter. I think I have a video of it being shot in tight woods for those wondering how loud it really is. Hint: 22lr rifle is louder.

Sorry, file to too big to upload 50meg. I also have one of an AK being shot in same spot and it is many times louder even on phone video. It is louder than the AR47; but still is hearing safe (138db I think).
I also have a PSA LR308 that is set up for a suppressor; but is not currently scoped. Gas is turned down; but will run unsuppressed if needed.

It's not what you think. I have not seen any subsonic 308, but it would stand to reason it's more or less the same as subsonic 300acc. If you are running supersonic through it, it's pretty loud. Plus the whole combo is pretty heavy.

I have a 300 blk SBR and love it. However, I will say I want an AR10. From what I understand barrel is key for accuracy but Adjustable gas block is the most important thing to making it reliable with both suppressed and un-suppressed fire. Look for a quality manufacture that has an easy adjustment. You will have to do some tweaking to find the sweet spot.

Here is one of our 308 we use for customer demos. Aero receiver and a BA barrel. It is super quiet when shooting subsonic. Reduces the recoil about 75% when shooting supers. No gas in face.

308 ISR FULL LEFT s.jpg

We had a project to find the shortest barrel we could use and still have a 300yard range shooting supers. We wanted to test different barrel lengths - but never finished because there was very little interest from customers. We still have its sister's suppressor and longer barrel parts in a bin.

Back
Top Bottom