• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed 10/22

Ruger 10/22
TacSol threaded 16” barrel
AAC Prodigy
CCI Quiet Semi-Auto

What you’re hearing, other than impacts downrange, is the bolt cycling. Next on my list is a suitable, threaded bolt or lever action.

Sounds like mine with “standard velocity”
Impacts defiantly louder than the gun itself.
Gotta get some of that stuff.

I keep debating on the charger route with a short barrel. Evidently (from experience so far) sub 4.5" barrels keep bulk ammo (federal 325 packs are my current favorite) subsonic. I got the 4.5" tacSol barrel for my Mk II and think a little pistol chassis with a charger and 4.5" barrel with a can would be too much fun.

Next time I’m around Marietta PD, I’ll see if I can get a pic of their integrally suppressed 10/22. It was built for them by Mitch WerBell in the late late 1970’s or very early 1980’s. Modified wood stock, with an old 4x Weaver on it.
We had one at guns and gear. It was the owners gun. Scary quiet. Had a bolt action Ruger with the internal suppressor, with regular loads the only thing you heard was the pin striking the primer area.

if anyone wants super quiet, accurate and expensive, a while ago Martins Guns in Alpharetta had a Tactical Operations Green Hornet. Integral 77/22 built for the military. Didn't ask a price, but it was pretty bad ass.

No need for fancy, and especially 2 piece, buffers. Go to Home Depot and buy some long 1/4" nylon bolts, cut the head and threads off and you will have enough material left to cut 2 buffers from. Very cheap, and they work just fine. Two bolts per package, yields 4 buffers for less than a buck each.
==================================
suppressed 10/22, the weapon of choice for Israeli snipers.

I purchased a length of round ABS from McMaster-Carr for $3.90 and did the same thing.

The ABS is much more impact resistant than nylon, 6.3 in-lbs minimum compared to 1.4 in-lbs maximum. The only problem is I thought I was buying a 1 ft length, instead I was really buying a 5 ft length. So I did the couple of 10/22s that needed it and I have lots left over.

my pics? I see them fine.

Looks like this to the rest of us:

upload_2020-4-9_17-25-22.png

Back
Top Bottom