• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

Before you make any decision on some of the lame ass advice you have gotten hear, call your insurance company and ask "hypothetically" what a super speeder ticket will do to your rates.

Before you make any decision on some of the lame ass advice you have gotten hear, call your insurance company and ask "hypothetically" what a super speeder ticket will do to your rates.

the man went on a gun forum asking legal advice. What do you expect?

I got a ticket for 91 on I-75 last year.

Copy paste from another thread:

I was looking back over my emails with my lawyer, the original fine was going to be $360 and the super speeder was going to be $200, and court costs were going to be about $150. Plus however much my insurance would have been raised over however many years.

From my lawyer:

"Good news, the Prosecutor has agreed to reduce your charge to something completely nonreporting. So this ticket will not show on your driving history or put points on your license, and you won't owe the $200 Super Speeder penalty. In exchange, they are requesting a fine of $300."

I paid the $300 for the fine, nothing for court costs and $750 for the lawyer.

Of course YMMV.
And you could have done that yourself in just about any tragic court in America (assuming your record isn’t ridiculous). And you would be ahead the $750

Worth County, speeding tickets are handfled by the state court judge.

A local attorney will call, make an appointment with the judge, who will probably knock down the speed, and charge you close to the original fine. Lawyer should charge $200-500. Lawyer will have about 1/2 hour invested in the process, You don't want to do this in open court because it makes the judge look bad,

If you just up and pay the fine, you will paying through the nose for insurance for the next 3 years at least, and that's if your job doesn't have DL qualification of any sort. no fleet insurance or anything. You don't have to have A CDL for your employer's insurance to take a hit.

Yes, you might be able to write a letter to the clerk and get it knocked down, then again maybe not. Hiring a lawyer is insurance that you get the desired results.
It doesn’t make the judge look like anything but a judge.
Go to court in person and when the judge asks you to speak just tell him you are sorry and could he please help you out.
Many judges do this when you plead guilty, even if you don’t ask fo the consideration.

I always pony up for the local lawyer...saves on insurance..and usually cheaper than trying to bite the bullet...after insurance adjusts..so yes..lawyet

Call the court, ask for the reduction in speed, not the fine. If that does not work, show up early the morning of court and ask the prosecutor for a reduction of the speed to under super speeder.
This^^^
I would agree to pay the full amount (which will likely be cheaper than the insurance hit) and ask if they would agree to reduce it to a nonreport.

Same thing happened to me a couple years back. Ended up reaching out to the solicitor general, had to send in my driving record and he basically traded me the ten MPH to get me under the super speeder for X amount of money.. Ticket end up being $550 but nothing happened on the insurance side since I didn't have anything else on the driving record. Gotta ask: was it on HWY 33 or 32?

Gotta pump those numbers up man. My son got 102 in 55 and was only 20yo. i told him we wouldn‘t ask the court for any favors, that there is no way I’m gonna let them think they are doing us any favors. Automatic 6 month license suspension since under 21, judge reduced the speed to 85 since he’s never had a ticket. Fines and court and defensive driving(what a joke)was $1500. He paid it himself same day and judge gave him a work permit to drive on. Still only 3 points.
So what did the insurance company do?

Back
Top Bottom