• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

Wondering if anyone else had this experience-about 5 years ago I got a super speed in Ashboro (I-75) going 94mph in a 70. I was doing it and he hit me with laser. I lived 4 hours away and didn't feel like paying a lawyer so I paid up about $650 ticket and $200 to the state and got the points. Couple years after that I moved to TN started a new job at a motorcycle dealership. When they were doing my paperwork and insurance for working there-their insurance showed that I had a suspended license. I quickly looked it up on my DMV and it showed that it has been suspended (once I paid the ticket) and re-instated right away. That will really screw you if you drive for a living. Now I kinda wish I went to court and try to get some points knocked off and the suspension thing to NOT show up at all.

I definitely was speeding, not trying to deny it. I’m just seeing what my best option is. My estimated total fee is $650, and I got a buddy that said his lawyer was only a couple hundred, so that’s why I’m asking
Uhmm.....does he also have an inexpensive brain surgeon? (aksin' fer a friend)

I got a ticket for 91 on I-75 last year.

Copy paste from another thread:

I was looking back over my emails with my lawyer, the original fine was going to be $360 and the super speeder was going to be $200, and court costs were going to be about $150. Plus however much my insurance would have been raised over however many years.

From my lawyer:

"Good news, the Prosecutor has agreed to reduce your charge to something completely nonreporting. So this ticket will not show on your driving history or put points on your license, and you won't owe the $200 Super Speeder penalty. In exchange, they are requesting a fine of $300."

I paid the $300 for the fine, nothing for court costs and $750 for the lawyer.

Of course YMMV.
91 mph? Why were you driving so slow? Did you get stuck behind a "PawPaw" in a pickup?

Never driven down/up 85, 75, 20, 400 or out 16 I presume. If you’re under 80-85 you’ve got a good chance at getting run over.

WAY back in the day, there were no gas stations on I-16 from Dublin to Macon
Never driven down/up 85, 75, 20, 400 or out 16 I presume. If you’re under 80-85 you’ve got a good chance at getting run over.
WAAAAAAY bacin the day, when I-16 ended at Metter, there were no gas stations from Dublin to Macon.

Going to Atlanta. Once you got away from Dublin, no local enforcement, only had to worry about GSP.

Virtually no traffic ever. So i wasn't worried about him slowing up and accelerating.

So I get passed by a Greyhound bus, I'm bored, and I get to thinking "is this NASCAR drafting **** for real?" I had a Volvo that could easily cruise at speed, so I pulled up to about 10 feet behind the bus, and took my foot off the accelerator, and I was going 85-90 MPH, with spurts to 100, with virtually no gas - did that all the way to the outskirts of Macon.

It was cool, but I was a bundle of nerves. If he's just tapped the brakes, I'd been like a crushed fruit can. Driver probably knew that too, and kept his foot off the brakes.

Any way at that time, with no traffic, 80-85 was SOP, and 18 wheelers would pass you when you were doing that.

Have to admit that I did some late night driving across SE Georgia, and their are a lot of long straight deserted highways, and I really opened up that Volvo. First car I had with OD and cruise control. A move up from my 6 cylinder Ford Galaxy. course I was in a position I could address any formal memos recording my speed achievements.

Back
Top Bottom