• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

Great outcome.

So I was able to get the speed reduced to non-reportable. I contacted the solicitor/prosecutor, and he knocked it down to 14 over after I called him, and sent him my 7 yr driving record, which had nothing on it. Fine was the same to the county as the original fine, but no super speeder on my record, insurance hike r/t points, or the $200 fine to GA. Thanks all of the advice, no court and no lawyer after all

So I was able to get the speed reduced to non-reportable. I contacted the solicitor/prosecutor, and he knocked it down to 14 over after I called him, and sent him my 7 yr driving record, which had nothing on it. Fine was the same to the county as the original fine, but no super speeder on my record, insurance hike r/t points, or the $200 fine to GA. Thanks all of the advice, no court and no lawyer after all

Good outcome

A friend got a ticket for 74 in a 45 zone last month. Had court yesterday. No lawyer; he just wanted to get a fair plea offer from the Solicitor. (He had to come to court in person; they would not accept a guilty plea by mail with a payment sent ahead of court date.)

Not quite a super-speeder offense, but still pretty big as far as speeding goes.

He also had a clean 7-year MVR. His last recorded ticket was 20-something years ago.

RESULT: Nolo plea, Reduction to 14 mph over limit, no points on license, should have no impact on his insurance rates.
$400 fine. No defensive driving, no probation, nothing else. Just the fine, and done.

P.S. Before anybody pays a speeding ticket or makes a plea deal, make sure that the road was properly marked with speed limit signs, and that if the speed limit recently changed (was lowered) going in your direction, that the cops weren't enforcing the new speed limit right next to the change-over point. They have to give you a few hundred feet to slow down to the newer, lower, speed.
Also make sure that if they're running radar or laser, and it's a road that's part of the State highway system, there are signs at both the county line and (if applicable) the City limits saying that speed detection devices are used here.

See, always have a good lawyer.

P.S. Before anybody pays a speeding ticket or makes a plea deal, make sure that the road was properly marked with speed limit signs, and that if the speed limit recently changed (was lowered) going in your direction, that the cops weren't enforcing the new speed limit right next to the change-over point. They have to give you a few hundred feet to slow down to the newer, lower, speed.
Also make sure that if they're running radar or laser, and it's a road that's part of the State highway system, there are signs at both the county line and (if applicable) the City limits saying that speed detection devices are used here.

Back
Top Bottom