• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

You have my utmost respect 41mag 41mag for posting your thoughts and mental battles with this.
I can relate...
I lost a very close friend to suicide a few years ago and same here, never knew he was in that state of mind. And the worst yet... I lost a son-in-law just a year ago to suicide. My daughter and grandsons were devastated as were his mom and dad and family. He had so much going for himself. Self employed with a very successful business. He was a outdoorsman who loved hunting, fishing, kayaking and more.
He had mental demons that he kept hid is all we can figure. I really think no one really knows why this happens sometimes and other times it is really clear.
Stay strong... my thoughts are with you.

Prayers sent! I had one of my best friends take his own life a year ago! I had just talked to him a day before....... had no idea!! It’s still gut wrenching today! He had success in business, beautiful family.......... pastor friend told me if you want to hear God chuckle tell him you’re plan........
I will definitely keep you & family in prayer,......

First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.
I guess some never make it back. It is sad.

Thanks for reading.
Any and all comments welcomed. :pop2:

Love ya brother! Im here for you, as you had always been there for me when I started out as rookie on this forum years back. Its been a while since I had heard from you and Im glad to still see you on here. Last time we spoke I was going through a hardship financially with my wife, after that all happened, My mother passed away back in April, wife divorced me, stole over 30k from me and I had suffered extreme depression. I took a broef hiatus until I was able to rebuild from the depression myself personally. Now Im back up and better than ever. Time heals all wounds as grievace they maybe. I saw this post and just wanted to thank you for being my friend and ODT brother. I had to share this to pay it foward I guess to some degree. Miss ya buddie!

41mag 41mag I really hate to hear this.

I’ve lost a lot of really really close family members, best friend, and another close coworkers to suicide. Honestly, I’ve never talked to anyone about it. I find peace in my quiet time alone in the woods or keep my mind busy with things around the house.

prayers sent for you and your family, be blessed and live life because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed!

Sir, even though we do have not met, I want to wish my condolences. IT WAS NOT YOU! Do not blame yourself because it was beyond your control and beyond his immediate family's control. Sometimes there is a sign, sometimes there isn't. I have had a few friends die from it and it's the "If I would have, could have and should have" scenarios played over and over again. I have there and done that! The "Rabbit Hole" is very real. Hopelessness and dispair is very tough.

I wish you the best and fell free to reach out if you need to chat.

I dont know about that....i think it is more chemical like what a few have expressed.
I believe those suffering from a spiritual issue do not seek to end their lives but to find a way to make it better.
Those that are so far down the ‘rabbit holes’ So to speak, are more than likely suffer from a chemical imbalance first that causes them to question spiritual issues.
I have never known anyone that concluded the suicide of a loved one was spiritual rather than mental/chemical.
I am not saying it dont happen but i just dont see enough of it to say it is as wide spread.
Thanks for the post ! I appreciate your opinion

Let me say I agree with the chemical thing but 'I' also believe there are demonic oppression & influence in the world that want's to bring everyone down .

I have more to say on this subject but my mood is not right at the moment , ill finish the reply's & may post again .

If not my prayers are with you & yours & know it's no 1 or 2 peoples fault ; some people just suffer so much it's hard to imagine .

Stay strong

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost many friends and family in my life, but the suicides are always the hardest to deal with. There is always the question of what could I have done or said. In the end I guess you must realize you are a mere mortal and most things are beyond your power to control. Prayer is probably your best ally. Praying for all involved.

Back
Top Bottom