• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

buddy I wish I could answer that question for you. We are still dealing with it 1yr 4mths now. My wife’s brother showed no signs but yet took that way out. It still is confusing to us. Heck we are just now getting around to going through the remainder of his things. All of what I have listed right now was his. We are just trying to close out the estate. My prayers are with you sir. It takes a lot out of a person.
How well i know - Godspeed brother

So tragic. I am sorry for you and the countless others that have experienced a loved one committing suicide. For me, a relationship with my Lord and Savior keeps me grounded and safe from such a horrible spirit like suicide. If only we could see their heart and know the suffering they must be feeling before they make that decision. I am not sure we will ever understand it unless we have lived life in their shoes and minds. God Bless you and all the others. So sad.
Nail on the head.... I often have wondered that evennif we knew is there anything you can say or do that will change the mind ? I know you can physically stop a person temporarily- eventually they will go there if they want to bad enough.
Thanks for the post .

I'm sorry to hear. I'll just start by saying, I am not a very emotional person and will likely say something that's insensitive so I apologize in advance.

If what you described is accurate about his upbringing, I'd guess he was coddled, lazy and had an entitlement complex. His expectations of life probably didn't match his reality. He probably thought: damn, this sucks ass; why can't life be the way I thought it would be? F-it! I'm out.

That's my guess.

Well yes you are correct. That was for sure an insensitive thing to say. God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. Ponder on that for awhile next time

I want to thanks everyone that responded with fam well wishes, i will pass them along .
Thanks to everybody that responded to this thread.

Occasionally
i think we do need to visit these subjects, even as they may seem somewhat ‘unmanly’ . It may just save someones life.

This thread shall remain open as far as I am concerned.

Godspeed all.

I think there are a lot of instance where suicide is understandable.
Not acceptable and I don't condone it..but understandable, that they decided to end their life at their choosing.
(No I'm not considering it either)

But how do we know what his situation was?

I have had 2 suicides occur in my lifetime that I was familiar enough to the person to stay in contact with the family and ultimately things came to light that kinda explained the actions they took.

1 of them was a elderly man and eventually medical history was discovered that he had terminal illness he could not put loved ones thru difficulty of his long long slow and painful death.
And he decided it was better to have a short abrupt end to his life and his wife and family move on with short tragic pain, than years of caregiving as people wither away to a slow death.

1 was a young man who it was discovered much later after his death was gay and was diagnosed with HIV AIDS and couldn't bring his Mother and family shame and couldn't face the future of having the disease and decided to end his life.

Peoples deicision to end their life is their own decision and no one elses.
And medical diagnosis and medical records are private. So often times people never know the reason.

I hope your family is able to maybe find out why he made the decision he made and even if you don't I hope you are able to celebrate his life and deal with his death.

You never know what another person is going through in their mind! I’ve had to work a lot of suicides over the years and most never left a note or family members had no clue anything was wrong! I lost a boy who was like a son to me about 3 years ago shot his wife and his self! Never had any problems, talked with him day before , all was fine! I think about it all time and just can’t understand what happened! Praying for gods blessings on you and family as it’s hard to deal with and a lot of unanswered questions!

Sorry for your loss, praying for ALL involved!
I have a hard time in situations like this, knowing what to say.
It makes me sad to hear that loved ones end their own lives.
God Bless ALL who have lost someone to a death like this.

So sorry for your loss! I can empathize with you as I lost an older first cousin a couple years ago to suicide. He had been way overweight most of his life from bad eating habits and had the typical diseases and disorders that accompany it: diabetes, heart disease, and chronic depression. In my humble opinion, people who have a close relationship with their Creator are far less likely to experience prolonged chronic depression and much less likely to commit suicide. When we are taught from the time we are children that we are the thoughtful creation of an almighty loving God and that our bodies are His temple it serves as a deterrent to consider injuring ourselves or taking our life which is a precious gift. I know that a chemical imbalance is often associated with chronic depression but some suggest that the chemical imbalance is a symptom and not the cause. My cousin was an engineer so he was plenty intelligent but sadly he didn't know Christ. I just think that when a person grows up believing that he/she is just a mass of tissue that evolved from pond scum they naturally don't value life as it was intended to be IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom