• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

So tragic. I am sorry for you and the countless others that have experienced a loved one committing suicide. For me, a relationship with my Lord and Savior keeps me grounded and safe from such a horrible spirit like suicide. If only we could see their heart and know the suffering they must be feeling before they make that decision. I am not sure we will ever understand it unless we have lived life in their shoes and minds. God Bless you and all the others. So sad.

I recently saw a youtube video about a concept called the "suicide gene". Something about a constant over-burn of feel good hormones, leading to constant depletion/depression.

I could never stand to bury my own boy. My heart aches for the mother. May the Lord receive the young man.
You are not supposed to bury your children.
Im going to look into that vid.....thanks for the prayers !

I would conclude depression is mostly a spiritual issue rather than a mental one.
I dont know about that....i think it is more chemical like what a few have expressed.
I believe those suffering from a spiritual issue do not seek to end their lives but to find a way to make it better.
Those that are so far down the ‘rabbit holes’ So to speak, are more than likely suffer from a chemical imbalance first that causes them to question spiritual issues.
I have never known anyone that concluded the suicide of a loved one was spiritual rather than mental/chemical.
I am not saying it dont happen but i just dont see enough of it to say it is as wide spread.
Thanks for the post ! I appreciate your opinion

I found out yesterday that one of my former coworkers from when I worked at Emory Midtown hospital took his life sometime Monday evening. I'd spoken to him a couple different times recently when I ran into him and we talked briefly. He's had some serious back issues that led to surgery so he's been out on disability for a good while now. I was aware of that as well as that he had found himself a new lady friend who had moved in with him a few months ago. Just from my conversations with him he seemed upbeat about his life and was always easy to get along with at work. It really shocked me to hear the news about him because he just didn't seem like someone who would go that route. He was 53. Knowing what folks go through are tough to figure out sometimes, and it's a shame that things end that way.

I want to say one thing if I can...the one common denominator in these cases...from OP's post, to shared experiences in comments, and even celebrities is that everyone seems to say "I didn't see that coming."

My father raised me to grow leather skin over a steel core; just like y'alls probably didd. The incredible thing about "trouble" is that it comes in every flavor, shape, and size.
Emotional, spiritual, marriage, work, whatever.

I think it's important that we, without making blabbering babies of ourselves, know who we can turn to, and know that our loved ones can turn to us.

I've had a few days of scrolling through my contacts wondering who I can bitch to about this, or that.

Did Christ himself walk alone?

Men's mental/emotional care is scarce to none; and the stigmas don't help either. Have somebody, or be someone's somebody.

Sovereign God give that woman peace and strength to carry on.

I want to say one thing if I can...the one common denominator in these cases...from OP's post, to shared experiences in comments, and even celebrities is that everyone seems to say "I didn't see that coming."

My father raised me to grow leather skin over a steel core; just like y'alls probably didd. The incredible thing about "trouble" is that it comes in every flavor, shape, and size.

I think it's important that we, without making blabbering babies of ourselves, know who we can turn to, and know that our loved ones can turn to us.

I've had a few days of scrolling through my contacts wondering who I can ***** to about this, or that.

Men's mental/emotional care is scarce to none; and the stigmas don't help either. Have somebody, or be someone's somebody.

AMEN !!

I'm sorry to hear. I'll just start by saying, I am not a very emotional person and will likely say something that's insensitive so I apologize in advance.

If what you described is accurate about his upbringing, I'd guess he was coddled, lazy and had an entitlement complex. His expectations of life probably didn't match his reality. He probably thought: damn, this sucks ass; why can't life be the way I thought it would be? F-it! I'm out.

That's my guess.

In addition to being insensitive, you are a jerk.

I've had a few days of scrolling through my contacts wondering who I can ***** to about this, or that.

Man you got number.. if you ever need to bitch about something I can listen good and if need be I’ll bitch with you too

God bless him and his family and friends. Really sorry to hear when anyone loses a loved one to suicide. I lost one of my best friends to suicide and it is painful. I was very mad for months and now just sad every time I think of him. I will never forget the morning his wonderful Mom called and asked if I would serve as a pall bearer. The pain in her voice has never left me.

First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.
I guess some never make it back. It is sad.

Thanks for reading.
Any and all comments welcomed. :pop2:

buddy I wish I could answer that question for you. We are still dealing with it 1yr 4mths now. My wife’s brother showed no signs but yet took that way out. It still is confusing to us. Heck we are just now getting around to going through the remainder of his things. All of what I have listed right now was his. We are just trying to close out the estate. My prayers are with you sir. It takes a lot out of a person.

Back
Top Bottom