• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suicide ......

Sorry for you loss. As Biker said, you never k ow what’s in another persons mind. Even on the outside someone may look happy and successful it’s impossible for anyone to know the anxiety and stress that it could be causing to maintain such a lifestyle. That stress and anxiety could lead to depression. I’ve quit jobs I was great at because I couldn’t mentally handle the stress that came along with it.
Stress ! It is a major killer . Mentally and physically.
So easy to correct too in some cases. As everyone knows someone that just cant shake stress. They cant leave the office or job site in some cases, and drop all those problems off before you go home.
It has been a while, but high school can be very stressful for some. For others - it is just every day stuff that doesnt bother them at all.
Idk man....maybe i am trying to take in too much. Trying to understand some stuff better left alone ? Nah, i cant say thats true.. i have to get all the perspective i can then maybe i can help someone through this crap next time.

I recently saw a youtube video about a concept called the "suicide gene". Something about a constant over-burn of feel good hormones, leading to constant depletion/depression.

I could never stand to bury my own boy. My heart aches for the mother. May the Lord receive the young man.

It's something I'll never understand. I'm man enough to admit that I suffered from major depression a few years ago. I've never dealt with depression before or since and I'm very mentally tough now, but I know 100% what it's like and it ain't fun. For those that have never gone down that path, they'll never understand. I sought help and saw a counselor and she taught me how to deal with it and I'm a stronger man and much happier today. Godspeed brother and prayers sent.

First thing first.... I am not contemplating suicide in no way shape or form. So all you spies for the enemy do not need to red flag me, do not send cops , I am fine and in complete control. :cool-new:
Now....on to the thread.

My cousin committed suicide a couple days ago. 24yo. Such a tragedy, such a waste. His mother, my 1st cousin, found him.
He has had some issues stemming from ‘General depression’ with no real reasons why. (Wtf ??!!)
This kid had all he needed in life, a loving home with mom, dad and 2 brothers. Good kid in school. He did more in his teen years than most do in a lifetime. Was living in Colorado at the time. His parents staying with him a good part of the time because of his issues. No drugs involved - none.
This being a strange but not unpredictable situation.....it still is devastating to us all.

What makes someone commit suicide. Especially young folks , say 30yo and younger??
I have thought about this deeply the last couple days. It is depressing in itself.

Depression is something that is treatable in many ways. Most of us have a mild to moderate case at one time or another in our lifetimes. Maybe not enough to get put on medication or seek the opinion of a professional but we all seem to have had some kind of depression at one time or another. Most of the time we can talk it out with friends/loved ones. We pull ourselves out of it after not too long. Whatever.
How many have stayed in bed for a couple of days not wanting to talk to anyone, not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to do anything ?? Mostly because we feel our problems are more than anyone would understand and that nobody can fix.
Then we get it together, hit the shower, clean the crap out of our abode and pull ourselves out of the slump and get back to the living.
I guess some never make it back. It is sad.

Thanks for reading.
Any and all comments welcomed. :pop2:
Prayers for the family.I really have nothing to add but prayers.

For all we know about the human body, the brain still remains an enigmatic mystery. Some will say chemical imbalance. Others point to chronic environmental issues. We just don't know.
When something like this happens, the first reaction is to find something or someone to blame. Forget it, there isn't a scapegoat. It just is. It sucks. There are way too many factors to try to sift through and figure out what pushed someone to this point. Most times we have absolutely no idea that someone is suicidal until it happens.

I am very sorry for your loss. I can tell you this, and it's a cruel irony: Many times, they believe the burden on their friends and family will be lifted. It turns out, the burden weighs most heavily on those closest to them.

Back
Top Bottom