• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a trip to South Coastal Georgia?

In 2008 when the tornado tore through downtown Atlanta, I was on River street in Savannah. It was during St. Patrick's day. The power went out and the cops started making everyone leave immediately. We were drunk and started following the crowd south. Couldn't get a cab due to everyone leaving at the same time. Walked about ten blocks in pitch black darkness before we realized we were by ourselves. We finally got a ride from two ladies in a van (not that kind of van. Calm down). They were doing the Uber thing before Uber even existed. They told us that we had no idea how lucky we were that they picked us up. Apparently walking the streets of Savannah really late at night drunk during a black out while being unarmed is a fairly dangerous thing. Who knew?
Lmao!! ****ting me, it is fo real!

In for info and suggestions as well. The wife and I are headed down to Savannah this weekend.
J, Fort Pulaski near Savannah is worth seeing. Enjoy the lovely squares around Savannah. On River Street, check out River Street Sweets. They make their own pralines, and have nice samples of them near the entrance. At the East end of River Street is the Waving Girl statue. Savannah has a great museum, too.

J, Fort Pulaski near Savannah is worth seeing. Enjoy the lovely squares around Savannah. On River Street, check out River Street Sweets. They make their own pralines, and have nice samples of them near the entrance. At the East end of River Street is the Waving Girl statue. Savannah has a great museum, too.
We'll definitely try the candy shop. Thanks.

St Simmons all the way we have been going about 2 times a year for 5 years we love it a couple years ago we were on east beach when a pod of whales beach 16 whales or so and everyone was out in the water pulling them back in it was great if you google beach whales st Simmons you can see videos

In for info and suggestions as well. The wife and I are headed down to Savannah this weekend.
The green tour busses are $30-$35 (depending on coupons) and you can ride them all day until 5pm. Several places where you can get in or off. The drivers talk a lot but it’s a good way to see downtown and to stop when you want to see something closer or for a walk.
We had problems in finding an hotel so we stayed at the airport. 20 minutes drive. Covered public parking in downtown is $10 for the day, and there are several places you can chose.

Back
Top Bottom