• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid fishing mistakes

Me and a buddy I grew up fishing with were fishing at night about 40 years ago in an old sears fiberglass jon boat. We was pretty good ways from bank when he said man i got to go. He wasn’t talking about peeing either. I told him just hang your butt off side of boat. So that’s what he did, well all went fine till about 15 minutes later and he said my legs and butt are itching me like crazy. The boat was old and if there ws any gel coat it was long gone. He’d got fiberglass stuck all over his bottom and backside of his legs. I don’t think I have ever laughed that hard that long. Drove him nuts but sure was funny

Me and a buddy I grew up fishing with were fishing at night about 40 years ago in an old sears fiberglass jon boat. We was pretty good ways from bank when he said man i got to go. He wasn’t talking about peeing either. I told him just hang your butt off side of boat. So that’s what he did, well all went fine till about 15 minutes later and he said my legs and butt are itching me like crazy. The boat was old and if there ws any gel coat it was long gone. He’d got fiberglass stuck all over his bottom and backside of his legs. I don’t think I have ever laughed that hard that long. Drove him nuts but sure was funny

yep been there but in a different but just as off the wall.
i know his pain bro.

AT ONE TIME I ENJOYED FISHING OUT OF A TUBE WITH A SET OF KICK FINS ON MY SHOES.
I was fishing a big farm pond and was catching some really large bass. The bite had turned on as there was a storm front coming. The water and wind went from calm and still to rather breezy within a few minutes. The fish were still hitting anything I threw out but the wind was making it hard to stay in position so I made for the bank where there was a big willow tree that hung out over the water. Once I got up under it and had my feet on the bottom I went to make a big over hand cast and the second I hit the tree a ball of snakes fell out and landed on my head, shoulders and my lap. I flipped the f@#$ out and panic mode kicked in. I undid my seat latch, started swinging my arms and screaming like a little girl. Threw my rod on the bank and then fell head first into the moss and mud as I tried to get my legs out of the tube. I finally made it to the bank and I just set there with my legs shaking like a newborn giraffe that had a happy ending. It was only a bunch of water snakes but they might as well have been black anaconda momba cobras. Sold my fishing tube and kick fins the next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AT ONE TIME I ENJOYED FISHING OUT OF A TUBE WITH A SET OF KICK FINS ON MY SHOES.
I was fishing a big farm pond and was catching some really large bass. The bite had turned on as there was a storm front coming. The water and wind went from calm and still to rather breezy within a few minutes. The fish were still hitting anything I threw out but the wind was making it hard to stay in position so I made for the bank where there was a big willow tree that hung out over the water. Once I got up under it and had my feet on the bottom I went to make a big over hand cast and the second I hit the tree a ball of snakes fell out and landed on my head, shoulders and my lap. I flipped the f@#$ out and panic mode kicked in. I undid my seat latch, started swinging my arms and screaming like a little girl. Threw my rod on the bank and then fell head first into the moss and mud as I tried to get my legs out of the tube. I finally made it to the bank and I just set there with my legs shaking like a newborn giraffe that had a happy ending. It was only a bunch of water snakes but they might as well have been black anaconda momba cobras. Sold my fishing tube and kick fins the next week.

oh the money i would have paid to see that lol.

WOW, I think my heart would've stopped

Stupid Fishing Fail-- Russian Style:

Note to self: Not all hand grenades have a four second delay fuze. Some have zero seconds-- intended to be used for rigging booby traps. So don't use those for grenade fishing.

Getting your bait hung in a fallen tree and pulling as hard as you can to either free the bait or break the line. Well the bait comes free and makes a bee line for your head or GOD forbid your nuts.
Had this happen to me with a crank bait. Looked like a damn ninja on the front deck lol

Forgetting the plug
Backing in not taking off straps
Running down the batterie when the kill switch pulled
Running out gas on the lake
These are a few I call it cheap colledge.

I was walleye fishing at Tom Steed Lake in Ok. I was right above the dam and they were hitting one cast after another I had caught a crap load of fish but our the bigger ones on the stringer. I had about 20 lbs of fish on the stringer. I had stuck the stringer in the ground and put a rock on top off the metal stake at the end of the stringer. They had tapered of hitting so good and I look over to my right and there was a guy there the was pulling something good. As I watched I saw him pull my stringer out of the lake with the biggest smile on his face. Bastard new it is mine but I just packed up and went home. Felt like and idiot all the way home. LOL

Back
Top Bottom