• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid fishing mistakes

Buddy was worming a boat dock and the rig got caught on some carpet on the dock,he pulled and yep, thing broke loose hit him in the cheekbone and the "BULLET" weight ran down the side under the skin and exited right above his ear. Be careful out there

When I first started kayak fishing me and buddy was at a private pond bass fishing and I had just caught my personal best. I got the bass in the cooler and me and him where sitting there talking about how good the fish was, when it stated flopping around in the cooler and popped the lid up. It came out of the cooler and when I lunged for the fish I was hanging halfway out of the kayak. Needless to say I flipped it over and lost everything but one reel n rod.

I remember I was fishing on the Delaware River in PA around 1989. My buddy Phil (older dude/mentor - fishing, hunting shooting) and I were in his boat with an electric troller on it. We were going for smallmouths for a while and we decided to stop and eat.....He got done eating his sandwich and took out his partial dental plate and started cleaning it in the river. He drops that sucker and I watch it flip and flop towards the bottom of the Delaware. He jumps overboard and dove all the way down to get it. He got it alright. That water was cold for him too. I asked him what the heck....He told me it was almost 2 grand and he wasn't gonna lose it.

I was fishing a bunch in Hawkinsville years back with the kids and was dragging in catfish and panfish. I kept "breaking line" only to find out I was "granny knotting" the fishing line and not fishing knotting it. I felt like a total dingbat. The line knot was just slipping out everytime.

Buddy was worming a boat dock and the rig got caught on some carpet on the dock,he pulled and yep, thing broke loose hit him in the cheekbone and the "BULLET" weight ran down the side under the skin and exited right above his ear. Be careful out there
Ouch!!

Back
Top Bottom