• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuffed bell peppers

WE DO STUFFED PEPPERS AND STUFFED CABBAGE FOR A MEAL SOMETIMES AND I ALWAYS EAT WAY TO MUCH ! THOSE LOOK GREAT !

I dated a Greek girl for a while in my younger days. Her grandmother lived with her and would make stuffed grape leaves with lamb. She would make a whole pan and bring to me and I would eat the whole thing at one time.

There's 4 of us eating. I had 7 peppers. Large ones!

They're all gone. I went to grab the last one and my wife said, "What are you doing with that? Are you gonna eat it? I'm taking it for lunch tomorrow!"

So I put it back. But then my mother-in-law wanted it so she had to give it up anyway lol!

I like corn but I've never heard of adding it to stuffed peppers. It's kinda like the salsa aisle at the grocery store. Lots of them have corn and peaches now. Not a fan of either in my salsa . Kinda the same thouhgts on stuffed peppers. Overall I dig stuffed peppers and I have made them quite a few times in a toaster oven when we lived in Gray with no regular oven. I will say that I cut the peppers long ways instead of cutting off the tops like you did. It kinda doubled up my recipe and cooked quicker.
On a side note my local Bi Lo has ground pork on sale this week. So I may mix it up with the ground beef since I'm neither Hebrew or Muslim.

20180816_190407.jpg
20180816_191504.jpg

Alright, I used the same ingredients you listed, plus added minced garlic, can of diced tomatoes, a little chili powder, cumin and oregano. They were awesome!

4 peppers, 3 eaters and an empty pan!

Thanks fast306stang fast306stang , another dish to add to our rotation.

View attachment 1745199 View attachment 1745200

Alright, I used the same ingredients you listed, plus added minced garlic, can of diced tomatoes, a little chili powder, cumin and oregano. They were awesome!

4 peppers, 3 eaters and an empty pan!

Thanks fast306stang fast306stang , another dish to add to our rotation.

Heck yeah man! Those look and sound great! I was going to season more stuff as I was cooking but I had so many things going on at once that I just plain forgot! I did remember to salt and pepper the peppers and onions but I missed everything else lol!

I was just going to wing it on the seasonings but I like your combo...those seasonings work very well with tomatoes so I think you're on point!

Back
Top Bottom