• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuffed bell peppers

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Hope these turn out as good as I hope!

Basically I cored some bell peppers. I cooked ground beef and sauteéd onions and bell peppers. (I chopped the bell pepper tops bc I hate to waste anything.) I microwaved a fresh ear of sweet yellow corn and cut off the kernels. I mixed the beef, onions, peppers and corn together, then I mixed the beef mixture with some shredded cheese and Spanish rice.

I stuffed the peppers with that mixture and added more cheese to the top. I was a little short on Spanish rice for one of them in the pic. Now they're baking at 350 degrees for maybe 40 minutes give or take.

Edit: I took them out after 35 minutes. I should have turned the pan 180 degrees halfway through baking.

Now if you notice, I cored and stuffed a couple of jalapeño peppers and put them in the center of the bell pepper. A pepper stuffed pepper if you will. I quick boiled the jalapeños to soften them a bit. I might have to ditch these when I eat them though, my grocery store has the freaking hottest jalapeños known to man, but I keep on trying them haha!

Edit to add troutman troutman 's additions in post #28. I'm betting his were better than mine and I thought mine were delicious!

20180816_164639.jpg
20180816_164725.jpg
20180816_165450.jpg
20180816_170338.jpg
20180816_170442.jpg

I was just thinking what I was gonna fix for dinner. Now I know.

I can tell you something that's easy and awesome if you're gonna stuff some peppers...

Core out some jalapeños and devein some raw shrimp. The shrimp fit in the pepper like it was made just for that!

Stand the peppers on end in a nonstick frying pan and cover the bottom with some chicken stock. I used bullion cubes but whatever you got should work. Cover with a lid and basically steam them. Chicken stock goes awesome with shrimp! I had no idea but those shrimp stuffed jalapeños are badass!!! The shrimp cook fast and don't get all rubbery and tough, and you're just steaming the peppers to soften them up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom