• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stribog SP9A1 Gen 2 Thoughts!?

Jack506

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Wondering what ya'lls experiences with the Stribog have been, especially with magazine feeding issues? Some people seem to have zero issues while others just hate them.

I have the first gen Stribog and an MP5 and if I had to sell one I'd sell the MP5. The Stribog is the best kept secret out there. Over 2K rounds through it and not a single misfire or jam and accurate as hell. A lot for its price well if you can get one for msrp.

I have the first gen Stribog and an MP5 and if I had to sell one I'd sell the MP5. The Stribog is the best kept secret out there. Over 2K rounds through it and not a single misfire or jam and accurate as hell. A lot for its price well if you can get one for msrp.
That's an awesome testimony of 2k rounds no hiccups! What type ammo have you used (I've heard hollow points and weak ammo cause feeding issues)? Do you use the standard straight mags or curved mags?

I had some feeding issues with mine, but solved it with a spacer and the right ammo. My guess is the bolt cycle is a bit long so it allows the round to occasionally "fall off" the bolt face and cause weird feeding. And I think it causes extraction issues for the same reason. I don't know if it's caused by the casing lip, spring tension, bolt face or the velocity of the bolt cycling. I added a spacer to shorten the bolt travel and haven't had any issues in over 2400 rounds.

I found some people having issues were running something other than 9mm NATO (which is close to +P). And they do not like flat nose ammo. I contacted Grand Power and they recommend +P. Since the bolt was made to endure full-auto, lighter loads have issues with the bolt weight.

I had some feeding issues with mine, but solved it with a spacer and the right ammo. My guess is the bolt cycle is a bit long so it allows the round to occasionally "fall off" the bolt face and cause weird feeding. And I think it causes extraction issues for the same reason. I don't know if it's caused by the casing lip, spring tension, bolt face or the velocity of the bolt cycling. I added a spacer to shorten the bolt travel and haven't had any issues in over 2400 rounds.

I found some people having issues were running something other than 9mm NATO (which is close to +P). And they do not like flat nose ammo. I contacted Grand Power and they recommend +P. Since the bolt was made to endure full-auto, lighter loads have issues with the bolt weight.
Watch this new video from Military Arms Channel about the new curved Stribog mags.

I've heard of some QC issues with the Stribogs, mainly in the comments sections of some forums and videos. Enough to make me personally stay away from them.
I'm in a number of stribog groups and have a couple bogs myself. QC has not been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom