• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stortage thread

There is no need to buy toilet paper when you can get the Sunday edition of the Atlanta Constipation for just $2.00. It has many uses! In addition to wiping your arse it can be used to start the wood in the fire place, rolled up it can be used to hit the kids or the dog, is good for wrapping fish and makes a great liner for the floor of the bird cage.

CVS.jpg

Back in '91 when IRI market data became available for SC I sold (brokered) Marcal paper products. Analyzing the household penetration (expressed as a percent of all households buying) of TP as a category across all classes of trade in the state, I noticed a curious thing. While canned meat, beer, canned vegetables, etc., showed 100% HHP, toilet paper was only at 95%. What were those 5% of South Carolinians using in the crapper?

Sam's Sharpesburg looked like hurricane panic buying and a lot of empty aisles. Fresh meat was gone; but frozen shrimp weren't . I got most of my normal stuff and splurged on a box of Toast Cheese Cheddar cheese crackers. I guess I'll wait until trucks resupply to get TP. As of now, I just flip it over and use the other side.

Back
Top Bottom