• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stock market for beginners

Anybody here play with options? I’ve won bigly on one but also lost a little on a couple. Wasn’t a ton but enough I’ve started shying away from them

I agree on the health of six flags as a whole but right now what’s driving my thoughts are people are being stuck inside with little entertainment. The first chance they get to go to theme parks, resorts, movies, etc business will bounce back and stocks will respond in kind.

Draw back is it could take a couple years to see the full potential gains and you have to be able to stomach the downturns. I’m just in for enjoyment/education and to turn small profits for more guns :lol:

Yea people are already there. I believe it was RCL or CCL but the CEO said their reservations for 2021 cruises are at an all time high. I am banking hard on travel and theme parks.

Anybody here play with options? I’ve won bigly on one but also lost a little on a couple. Wasn’t a ton but enough I’ve started shying away from them

I am not savvy enough to dabble in options just yet. I heard of a friend who made $99,000 since this all began with Amazon options.

I am not savvy enough to dabble in options just yet. I heard of a friend who made $99,000 since this all began with Amazon options.

Huge upside but also a quick easy way to say bye bye to your money. My “win” wasn’t nearly that good but felt like I hit the lotto :lol: I’ve learned I still have a ways to go to actually play in options and be consistent.

I highly advise anyone considering they to not use money they aren’t prepared to lose. With buying stocks you at least have the chance for a rebound when it goes down but with options once it expires you have nothing to show for it

Huge upside but also a quick easy way to say bye bye to your money. My “win” wasn’t nearly that good but felt like I hit the lotto :lol: I’ve learned I still have a ways to go to actually play in options and be consistent.

I highly advise anyone considering they to not use money they aren’t prepared to lose. With buying stocks you at least have the chance for a rebound when it goes down but with options once it expires you have nothing to show for it

I treat the stock market like gambling, craps is my favorite game. As I win I try to move money into stable places and out of the risky spots so that at least if the bottom falls out from under me I leave with the majority of what I came with, if not more. When I play craps that safe place is my pocket.

What's amazing is the market has hardly recovered and I have one friend who cashed out 2 weeks ago at 2.2mil and went back in with a portion of the profits. Some people are just REALLY good at day trading.

I treat the stock market like gambling, craps is my favorite game. As I win I try to move money into stable places and out of the risky spots so that at least if the bottom falls out from under me I leave with the majority of what I came with, if not more. When I play craps that safe place is my pocket.

What's amazing is the market has hardly recovered and I have one friend who cashed out 2 weeks ago at 2.2mil and went back in with a portion of the profits. Some people are just REALLY good at day trading.
I wish I had more cash to buy in heavier.... CCL will double if not triple from
Current levels in one year

That’s my strategy for the most part when I win decent I buy into a stable stock that pays dividends and take a little for fun money. My goal is to get to the point where I receive a $1000 per quarter in dividends and split that between my retirement account and personal savings.

I wish I had more cash to buy in heavier.... CCL will double if not triple from
Current levels in one year

I wish I could go bigger myself now is definitely the time to buy and hold. Everything is down for the most part and will rose but airlines and cruise lines I think will have the highest return on investment.

That’s my strategy for the most part when I win decent I buy into a stable stock that pays dividends and take a little for fun money. My goal is to get to the point where I receive a $1000 per quarter in dividends and split that between my retirement account and personal savings.

I bought several with amazing dividends but have been reading some companies are subject to change their dividend policy on a whim so I have added that to the things I research. Just how reliable their history of payouts have been. At the moment I am in for the short term gains so that I can get myself into a better financial situation to be able to save more week to week. I had to purchase a new trailer this year and put many, many thousands of dollars into my truck. Any chance I had of a savings was destroyed in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom