• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stevens savage model 320 disassembly help

Thisguy1995

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm new to this forum and relatively new to owning a firearm. I have had a Stevens savage model 320 for about 3 months now. I watched several videos on taking it apart and cleaning it and have cleaned after every use so far. However today after shooting some cans in the back yard I came into clean it but as I pulled the trigger out two additional parts fell out. A short spring and a flat metal peice about 8 inches long. Out of all the videos I watched nobody removed this peice and I can't figure out how to reattach it. I have seen it wgen i dissamembled everytime but not sure where the spring goes. Somebody please help.

Attachments

• 15436180641071451748462.jpg
    15436180641071451748462.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 285
The spring goes in the back of the receiver, you should see a little hole for it. The part on your palm goes into the spring, you should see a tiny little stud sticking out of the receiver (on the inside) it will go in the slotted part of the bar. And the end where your finger tips are will face the barrel, look at the camber end of your barrel, that little slot on the left side is where the end on your finger tips will go.

I know this is an older thread but I just purchased the 320 field grade 20 gauge and wanted to confirm that the barrel is the only thing I need to worry about cleaning.

This is directly from the manual after the last step of cleaning. I'm not using this in the snow or mud or anything like that but is breaking it down further to clean or lubricate the internals a good idea? Thanks

Do not over-oil. Extremely cold temperatures may cause the oil to congeal and sluggish operation of your gun. FURTHER DISASSEMBLY (OTHER THAN REMOVING THE BARREL) OF YOUR SHOTGUN IS NOT RECOMMENDED AND SHOULD BE DONE ONLY BY A QUALIFIED GUNSMITH OR SAVAGE ARMS SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

I have Mossberg 500 shotgun that I used for 15 years and probably 3000 rounds of ammo back when I was a regular visitor of a skeet shooting club.

Only once did I disassemble it to the extent of taking the trigger group out removing the bolt, and removing the pump actuation bars from the receiver.
The gun was maybe two years old at that point and had fired at least 1000 rounds of low-brass birdshot with nickel plated steel cases.

What I found was that the internals were not very dirty, and after I got it all back together I said "I don't think I need to do this again for many years" and so far I never have.

Now, I must admit at once in a Blue Moon my gun will fail to feed a new shell up into the chamber, and once in a blue moon the empty fired case will not fully clear the ejection port and I'll have to shake it out or flick it out with my fingers, but I do not think I have this problem is due to cleaning-- and sometimes it has happened very soon after I have cleaned the gun and flushed out the action and ammo lifting parts with gun scrubber or a similar aerosol cleaner.

I did two rounds of shooting at the five stand last weekend, 50 rounds fired through this gun, and the only issue was one empty case that didn't fully make it out of the ejection port even though it was loose and fully free from the gun, not being grabbed or poked by any of the parts.

The gun's good performance is noticeable despite the fact that this gun has not been disassembled for cleaning since probably around 2006!

D8001308-51DD-4F8C-BB86-765961644793.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom