• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

StealthGear Holsters

I will report back to this thread if I have similar experience youbask about with the positive "snap" in holstering. I too prefer that positive click and ordered an onyx today. I should receive it in time to decide to keep it or the alien gear 3.0 and return the other I dont like as much. I have been reading more and watching more about this onyx and look forward to trying it myself after hearing your experiences and youtube videos. I am very active and this may be "the one" haha

I am interested to hear what your experience is. Still loving mine so far.

Yeah, I am stoked about getting it. Been watching/reading more on internet and sounds promising. The alien gear 3.0 is good...for the money but I am willing to spend extra $ if it is worth it. Sounds like it will be.

WOW!!!! THATS ALL I CAN SAY! I AM IN HOLSTER HEAVEN... haha. So, this onyx holster is AMAZING in everyway. Soooooo worth the money. Btw, the retention is super out of the box for me and my wife's glocks (it even passes the shake it upside down test with a full mag loaded, It does not even begin to slip out.) I look forward to the added comfort of the vent core backing in hot/humid climates and workouts. Recommend it FOR SURE! It really is worth the $100 price point. Heck, I would save up and buy if it were $200 haha I have tried so many of the holsters on the market. The two most recent being aliengear and n82 tactical. No comparison to the onyx. 20151212_092902.jpg20151212_092827.jpg

Last edited:

My experience with retention out of the box sounds completely opposite of yours. If anything, I think the retention is too much, in a good way of course (I like tight retention). I dont see myself looking any farther for a edc holster.

Still loving mine! They offered to send me a new one when I mentioned the retention issue so I figured it just didn't get formed just right. I havnt had any problem since I tightened mine up. I will be ordering another soon.

I ordered an Onyx for my M&P .45c on the 17th should be coming any day now. I have read nothing but positive reviews for them. Initially i was going to buy the Aliengear but the thought of a one size fits all backing doesn't entice me. I wanted something built exactly for my gun, the perfect fit. I read too many negative reviews on AG holsters falling apart within weeks.

I ordered an Onyx for my M&P .45c on the 17th should be coming any day now. I have read nothing but positive reviews for them. Initially i was going to buy the Aliengear but the thought of a one size fits all backing doesn't entice me. I wanted something built exactly for my gun, the perfect fit. I read too many negative reviews on AG holsters falling apart within weeks.

Alien gear is a pretty good set up for the $ and if u carry a variety of guns, its a nice perk to swap shells as opposed to dropping $100 per holster. However, no comparison in quality and fit between alien and an onyx. Check back in this thread with a "first impressions" of the onyx. Heck, it may not be for you...not everyone likes em. But majority do.

Back
Top Bottom