• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak its what's for supper

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Broke out my grandmother's old small cast iron skillet tonight to try my first attempt at a skillet cooked steak. Went to corners edge butcher shop in Monroe yesterday and picked up us some steaks. Sat them out for about half an hour, rubbed in ribeye seasoning from striplings and got grease in the skillet good and hot. Put on one steak st a time. Cooked them the only way to eat a steak, rare. The sear was really good on them. I will for sure be doing this again.
20210214_181958.jpg
20210214_183136.jpg
20210214_183139.jpg
20210214_184643.jpg

I picked up steaks from corners edge too, but their Loganville location. :D
it was my first time going there. I went mostly because Julio from q92.3 was there yesterday. I usually buy steaks and pork chops from striplings but it was a good bit less expensive and just as good, if not better.

it was my first time going there. I went mostly because Julio from q92.3 was there yesterday. I usually buy steaks and pork chops from striplings but it was a good bit less expensive and just as good, if not better.

Yeah , I've never had an issue with them. Been going to their Loganville store for years.

Thanks yall! I'm gonna give it another go soon. It's pretty crazy to think the skillet I was using is roughly 50 years old. I texted a picture to my dad and he told me he remembered my grandmother (his mom) getting that particular skillet when he was a kid, he is 62. I remember she made bacon in it in the mornings and cornbread in it in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom