• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Start A Corona Garden Now

The Covington variety is resistant to lots of diseases as well as southern root-knot nematodes. And it was bred to produce uniform sized potatoes as you find at the grocery store. I planted Beauregards last year and they are good too- still have a few left. Asparagus takes a while to grow but will produce for 25 + years if well cared.
Dang...25yrs , talk about getting your money's worth. Heck Yea

In terms of nutritional value, kale, collards, carrots, beets, cabbage, Swiss chard, green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash. Potatoes are high in carbs thus calorie dense but not nutritionally dense. Plant variety, not only does this increase the likelihood of success with at least some crops if others fail but gives a more nutritious diet and less monotony.

I’ve brought some pallets home from work and hope to get some things planted here within the week. Need to get some potting soil and away I’ll be going. The wife is gonna be home with the kids for the next couple of weeks and my son will be needing some outdoor education (truth is I’ll need it as well). Hopefully this will help us both in the long run. sure wish my grandpa was still around to teach me this stuff. City life for me kept me from doing this in my early years but after the way things have been going the last 5 I’m all in at this point. Any tips I can learn from season vets until I figure it out will be met with open arms albeit from 6’ due to social distancing :becky:

In the summer between the time I was 9 and when I got a real job when I turned 13, my dad would take me to granny’s and dump me out to work the garden each day. When produce started coming in in excess of our needs he would take me and the produce to the supermarket, first time he went in with me to deal with the produce manager, after that I was on my own. Some of the best lessons in my life were learned from that experience.

Back
Top Bottom