• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Start A Corona Garden Now

My carrots, kale, lettuce, spinach and onions are just breaking ground. I planted my red potatoes yesterday, my collards this morning and my squash, zucchini and tomatoes I started from seed are about 2 inches tall.
Awesome!!! I know who I'll visit with on my way to the Parkway if thangs get rough LOL

what should one buy? Serious question..
Kid wants tomatoes but I dont eat them. Granted I might have to but what else would you plant?

Yellow and zucchini squashes are easy and high yield
Same with cucumbers
Bush beans (green beans) . Blue lake are very high yield and small plants.
Watermelons do real well in Ga
Lima beans
sweet peas
black eye peas
Melons (honey dew, cantelope ,rock)
Corn and okra and pole beansbut keep in mind that they will shade out shorter plants so plant them on the north end of your garden.

I have a 16' x 24' which will be receiving asparagus, okra, cucumbers, climbing beans (not long like pole beans), and 50 slips of the Covington variety of sweet potatoes. I intentionally overbought on the sweet potatoes ahead of this coronavirus and looking back, glad I did as I hope to plenty for the next winter.

I have a 16' x 24' which will be receiving asparagus, okra, cucumbers, climbing beans (not long like pole beans), and 50 slips of the Covington variety of sweet potatoes. I intentionally overbought on the sweet potatoes ahead of this coronavirus and looking back, glad I did as I hope to plenty for the next winter.
I did the same thing with sweet potatoes except I grow the Georgia Jet. Love sweet potatoes with butter on a cold winter day.

I gotta look into asparagus , I love that stuff

Awesome!!! I know who I'll visit with on my way to the Parkway if thangs get rough LOL
CFB9A0EF-330D-4C44-A9E4-A1313FCD29BF.jpeg
7FC0E8A6-5EC0-49E8-B744-2164E505EA93.jpeg
2F4A6558-99BA-4E8B-985D-1D1D34B2AA00.jpeg

:thumb:I almost always have something growing at DILLIGAF Acres.

The Covington variety is resistant to lots of diseases as well as southern root-knot nematodes. And it was bred to produce uniform sized potatoes as you find at the grocery store. I planted Beauregards last year and they are good too- still have a few left. Asparagus takes a while to grow but will produce for 25 + years if well cared.

The Covington variety is resistant to lots of diseases as well as southern root-knot nematodes. And it was bred to produce uniform sized potatoes as you find at the grocery store. I planted Beauregards last year and they are good too- still have a few left. Asparagus takes a while to grow but will produce for 25 + years if well cared.
I’ll have to try some Covingtons next year. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom