• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stamped rims...

nocman_2

Default rank <1250 posts
NRA Patriot Life Member (Benefactor)
11   0
Reaction score
I'm picking up my brass regularly as I want to start reloading. One of my auto's seems to hit the back of the case really hard and dents it slightly on the rim. It doesn't affect the primer pocket but I guess could cause issues on ejecting. What say you guys, should I trash those? (Not sure how well you can see it in the pics below)

Attachments

• Inkedimage0_LI.jpg
    Inkedimage0_LI.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Inkedimage1_LI.jpg
    Inkedimage1_LI.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 44
Can't see it well enough to judge. I would be very surprised to see this being serious enough to ruin the cases.
Is this a new or very old weapon? I have loaded abit and have seen relatively few things that render a case junk.
Somebody else will come along with better info.

That type deformation of the lip will eventually cause problems. When you go to reload and slide them into the shell holder that damaged area will have to face forward, sitting in the open side of your shell holder. First reload, annoying but you can get it to work. As you fire that case multiple times from the same gun you'll get more damaged sections over time. After a couple more load and fire cycles you'll have a real hard time trying to seat it in the shell holder.

Hard to see....
make sure you do not have AUTO RIM brass mixed in with ACP brass... the auto rim has a different rim requires a diff shell holder .

Edit : re read your post...you may want to lighten up on the recoil spring in the 1911

Can't see it well enough to judge. I would be very surprised to see this being serious enough to ruin the cases.
Is this a new or very old weapon? I have loaded abit and have seen relatively few things that render a case junk.
Somebody else will come along with better info.

Not really, Taurus PT709

Back
Top Bottom