• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stain or seal pressure treated deck

Cabot Solid Acrylic Deck Stain, best I've used in my 40 plus years painting experience. And for the record, Thompson Water Seal is crap. Any product that causes water to bead on a surface is due to paraffin being added to the product. Makes the user feel real warm and fuzzy when they see the water beading........... until the sun's UV rays break the paraffin down after about 6 months or less. Solid finishes always provide more protection and longevity than any transparent or semi-transparent finish ever could.

Screenshot_20211016-144949_eBay.jpg

In May I finished a deck that the previous homeowner had started the previous summer. I think it has dried out enough to treat. I am going to clean it in the next week or so and apply something. Do I want to stain or seal? I like the color but have read that the sealer doesnt provide UV protection and will require to be sealed every year. I am under the understanding that stain will hold up a little longer.
2/3 diesel 1/3 quality motor oil (not synthetic). Spray it. If you don't like smelling diesel use kerosene.

Back
Top Bottom