• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel hunt question

For a couple hundred bucks Gamo makes a .177 caliber pellet gun rebate shoot 1250 ft. Per/sec. Comes with a built in baffle. That's hauling ass for a pellet. If you need city or local management. Put a air rifle rated scope on it and go to work while sitting on the back deck having morning coffee.

I missed your post about using a High Power pellet gun. It doesn't have cost a lot. I bought one for 110 bucks and would shoot through a privacy fence and then crash through 5 or six stalks of green bamboo. Surprised me in fact I was alarmed that I had given to my oldest for Christmas. If anything like the one I have head or vitals it doesn't matter. Either way it a dead tree rat.

It's always scary shooting upward no matter what caliber. Unless you have a thick umbrella of branches. Just wait till they come down a bit. They will get down to a safe level at some point.

yea man
head shot. dont shoot to wound. thats not right no matter what you think. there is a special place in hell for people who wound animals intentionally... best eating squirrel is cooked over a open camp fire with a little salt and pepper. if you cant hit one in the head at the less than 20 yards you will be shooting the at,just feed them and sell your guns...;);)

Thanks again for all the insight. I should have mentioned that I am in a semi rural subdivision. Have about 1/2 acre of woods to let them run to and take a shot. Not a shoot to wound type of guy, no worries there.

Back
Top Bottom