• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield just released new 1911 for u 1911 fans!

I like it. It's set up for competition and nobody seems to get that. Ported or lightened slides are illegal (or at least were when I was serious about SS in USPSA) but tri-topping slides and big ass cuts in the top are good to go. The other nice thing about the top being that way is that it makes your front sights pop. You can look down the pointy end of the gun well enough to make good enough hits in close.

Bull barrel is legal if it's factory standards. Heavy in non-moving parts and light in moving parts = Fast and soft recoil.

I had a 6" 2011 with a similar slide and loved it. Ended up sending a CCO out to have it done, but stupidly sold it later. Dumb ass cancer bills.

I may end up with one of these if I can see it in person. The square guard is a non-issue with lights mounted. And lights are legal for USPSA SIngle Stack.

EDIT: Read the rules just now and I'm not certain bull barrels are allowed in USPSA. Which is weird that Springfield would do this because it's really a competition single stack hiding as a tactical one.

Back
Top Bottom