• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield just released new 1911 for u 1911 fans!

Would you purchase this or the TRP?
That's a damn good question sir because I asked myself that. From a monetary view probably this because I'm sure it will be $1500 in a few months where as the TRP's are already there. I don't see either one being any better or less better built than the other. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Agreed.

That's a damn good question sir because I asked myself that. From a monetary view probably this because I'm sure it will be $1500 in a few months where as the TRP's are already there. I don't see either one being any better or less better built than the other. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Frankly, one of the things I like about the original platform 1911 and its later brother the A1 are the smooth lines and rounded features like the small blade front sight and reduced profile rear sights, the curved-over slide, etc. This thing just reeks of sharp lines and abrades that could snag or cut you....
It looks like Springfield is trying to compete with Kimber's Rapide minus the cuts. But I too will always love a traditional 1911.

Back
Top Bottom