• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Announcement on 10-25-21, Hi-Power?!?!

RomeWolf

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
8   0
Reaction score
Springfield Hi Power.jpg

"We're bringing it back."

Judging by the portrait and the clock it appears they may be rolling out a Hi-Power on October 25th.

Rebadge Tisa?
tisa is a company out ofTurkey. They have been making hi power clones for about four years. I just don’t want Springfield to import a clone and put their name on it and charge a premium for it. The way they imported the original xd midelsfrom Croatia and charged a lot more than the original xd models. years ago I owned a over and under shotgun fromRussia named Balikeal ( wrong spelling). Once the shotgun became a little popular, Remington started importing the same gun and narmed it the Spartan. Same gun but 150 higher for the Remington roll mark

tisa is a company out ofTurkey. They have been making hi power clones for about four years. I just don’t want Springfield to import a clone and put their name on it and charge a premium for it. The way they imported the original xd midelsfrom Croatia and charged a lot more than the original xd models. years ago I owned a over and under shotgun fromRussia named Balikeal ( wrong spelling). Once the shotgun became a little popular, Remington started importing the same gun and narmed it the Spartan. Same gun but 150 higher for the Remington roll mark

the good news is Springfield Armory Inc doesn’t import junk guns. The stuff they bring in is high quality.
The bad news is they are going to raise the price of an import and spend the next 10 years advertising and trying to make it look like they had something to do with John Browning designing the High Power.

EAA has one coming in for MSRP $528 https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/

Timing is interesting on Springer, release dates mean EAA and Springfield are putting downward pressure on each other's pistol in the market - we'll see pretty fast if springer is using a Girsan or TISAS Frame
1634804091312.png

Ideally this and really the springfields will put more downward pressure on what I want -- the non-collector, shooter grade, surplus FN MKIIs and MKIIIs that just 5 years ago could be had for $450, $500 --

Its interesting to think that you could get _ten_ of the turkish pistols for the price of a seriously upgraded FN e.g.,
1634804835626.png

Back
Top Bottom