• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Springfield 1903

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Picked up a Remington 1903 today. Scant stock, 5-42 RA Barrel, All "R" stamped parts that I saw, "P" marked stock and "P" marked barrel. haven't had a chance to break it down as Im going out of town. Has a A.O.H stamped on the left side under the bolt.

Stock is in decent shape with great character, bore looks dark but should clean up (I hope). Serial is a 311xxx I believe. I got it and had to put it away to leave but did manage to snap some pics!

Hope I made out pretty well. Had one of these on my list for a while, and finally found one under $1k.

How did I do?

IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG

Last edited:
Me too. I saw it and had to have it. Now I just need the time to take al my new toys to the range :)

Only applies to Springfield and Rock island I thought? Remington's are deemed safer as they started production after those issues arose correct?

Also, mine has the (P) Proof marks which means it was proof fired? Im researching and reading and learning lol. Wish I had written the serial down before I left...

Only applies to Springfield and Rock island I thought? Remington's are deemed safer as they started production after those issues arose correct?
You are correct, I missed the Remington part, all WWIIs are great shooters. I have a Smith Corona and love it! They are very accurate but my eyes prefer the 03A3 sights.

You are correct, I missed the Remington part, all WWIIs are great shooters. I have a Smith Corona and love it! They are very accurate but my eyes prefer the 03A3 sights.

When I picked it up and saw it was a Remington I was happy. Most I've found near are usually low number springfields and they still want 700+ for them.

Back
Top Bottom