• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SPRAYGLO Auto Refinishing & Body Repair

Willy Leadwell

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
We are located in Conyers, GA and offer complete paint packages & body repair services at extremely affordable prices. We specialize in budget friendly alternatives to traditional collision shops. We have complete paint packages starting as low as $247. Our prices will not be beat. We've been in business since 1986 and at our current location since 1991. If you have an old, tired, worn, cracking, peeling paint job or just want to change the color, we have you covered!

Check us out on Facebook or at www.SPRAYGLO.com

Ignore that google maps location, it is NOT accurate. We are on Hwy 138 about a mile north of interstate 20 in between AutoZone & B&B Marine.

Last edited:
image.jpg

How much to put a fresh coat of paint on this.

View attachment 703432

How much to put a fresh coat of paint on this.
I have a few different options as far as paint quality, but as long a the existing paint isn't cracking up or peeling off and there is no bodywork to be done, I can get you a nice paint job on there for around $550 or so. I have higher and lower priced options as well.

I'm just curious, what brand/line of paint do you use? We used to use Martin Senour and had great results with it. We also tried their cheaper line Firestorm or something like that... Thats definitely a 50 footer paint job lol.

I'm just curious, what brand/line of paint do you use? We used to use Martin Senour and had great results with it. We also tried their cheaper line Firestorm or something like that... Thats definitely a 50 footer paint job lol.
Martin Senour is just Sherwin-Williams re-branded specifically for NAPA distributors. I used Sherwin for the last 17 years or so and have actually bought Martin Senour products in a pinch, peeled the label off and found the sherwin label underneath. A couple years ago I switched to Dupont (called Axalta now) and couldn't be happier.

I believe the paint line you were referring to would be Crossfire in Martin Senour, Sherwin brands it as Dimension. That's actually a good system. It's more about the guys putting it on than it is about the material itself. I've painted cars with Dimension (crossfire) that won 'best paint' trophies at car shows with hundreds of competitors.

This is "cheap" paint.
IMG_9616small.jpg

And so is this.
115.jpg

and this
IMG_5731.JPG

Of course a lot more than our typical $500-$700 worth of work went in to these jobs, but the paint material is the same.

The crossfire clearcoat did not lay well when we used it. It always came out foggy and would need to be buffed to make it look good. We (me and pops) were just backyard painters though. We had a legit booth and sprayers but we were limited on experience. His specialty was acrylic enamel. He had lots of time shooting that stuff. My trucks clearcoat job still looks fantastic 14 years later though. A little orange peel here and there but not bad for a couple of part timer's.

The crossfire clearcoat did not lay well when we used it. It always came out foggy and would need to be buffed to make it look good. We (me and pops) were just backyard painters though. We had a legit booth and sprayers but we were limited on experience. His specialty was acrylic enamel. He had lots of time shooting that stuff. My trucks clearcoat job still looks fantastic 14 years later though. A little orange peel here and there but not bad for a couple of part timer's.
It's all about what you're used to. Even great painters have a period of adjustment when you switch up their products. The Crossfire clear is one of the best inexpensive clear coats on the market in my opinion, but sprays a lot thicker than some of the other clears. So if you're used to something like an acrylic clear with a high solvent content and then try to spray a high solids urethane clear, you're almost certainly going to have a hard time slicking it out.

Acrylic enamel is one of the easiest and most forgiving paints to spray, that's why a lot of people like it. I personally like single stage urethane. I'm doing a frame off resto-mod on a 53 F-100 and the black paint job that it will get will be single stage urethane. Basecoat/clearcoat is great for metallic and pearl colors, but you just don't get the depth of gloss and vibrance of color with a clear like you do with a single stage. A lot of the high end car builders are going back to single stage now that the technology has caught up with the clear coat.

I know a manufacturing plant that was just opened last year in tennessee that sprays Nason (Dupont/Axalta cheap line) basecoat and Finish1 (sherwin williams cheapest line) clear on the assembly line.

Back
Top Bottom