• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sportsman's/Cabela's/Bass Pro Deal

the prices of these places are so bonkers.

Cotsco next door to Cableas, a jacket at Costco is 20, something close to the same thing at cableas is 100.

We had Cableas, before bass pro purchased them, they had the bargain cave, they moved it to Acworth. Then closed the store. Now the bargain cave at Acworth is closed, the prices are so bad I don't see how people afford them.
Interesting. I hate to derail the topic, but does Costco have base layer clothing as effective as Cabelas lines? When my wife and I used to Striper fish in the winter, Cabela's base layers did make a significant difference (when combined with quality winter gear) on cold windy days. Any idea if Costco has equally effective base layers for less than Cabelas?

I use them for pajamas these days :)

Interesting. I hate to derail the topic, but does Costco have base layer clothing as effective as Cabelas lines? When my wife and I used to Striper fish in the winter, Cabela's base layers did make a significant difference (when combined with quality winter gear) on cold windy days. Any idea if Costco has equally effective base layers for less than Cabelas?

I have not compared them side by side. Like Costco will have the light weight puffer jackets (syn down) for like 19.99 with a hood. Them jackets at the other places are usually 100+. Costco usually don't have artic gear in the south (I think they have more warm stuff up north or in Canada stores).

Bass Pro their stores are cool and huge (I know lots of overhead), but always packed, I"m not for sure why, who is the "Avg" buyer. The thing I hated about Cableas was going in and getting asked 2-3 times about their credit card. It's like if I wanted your credit card I would have it in my wallet. I don't ...know why I don't want it. I hate that is such a big part of their business model.

Yes, Costco will have base layer clothing as effective as Cabalas. With Costco they may not have it the next time you're there, so if you find something at Costco you need to buy it. They buy in big batches when they make deals with manufacturers, frequently once a batch is gone it's gone. I have several Orvis base layer shirts that came from Costco; they just don't always have them. They frequently have Gerry jackets and hiking wear; again you have to get it when they have it.

Hallelujah, I used to love buying clothes, boots, jackets/bibs especially from Cabela’s. Outerwear with the 4most insulation system is great. BPS took the name & charges the same if not bore for garbage. Kudos to sportsman’s warehouse.

Yes, Costco will have base layer clothing as effective as Cabalas. With Costco they may not have it the next time you're there, so if you find something at Costco you need to buy it. They buy in big batches when they make deals with manufacturers, frequently once a batch is gone it's gone. I have several Orvis base layer shirts that came from Costco; they just don't always have them. They frequently have Gerry jackets and hiking wear; again you have to get it when they have it.
Try Costco online. They have alot of selection online. When you buy online from Costco you can pay with any credit card not just VISA that is only accepted in the store.

Back
Top Bottom