• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sparrow Defense Low/No Light Class Review

Sounds like the content of this class includes solid comprehensive, proven techniques.
I've seen many others that only focus on two or three styles (one is always the Harries) w/o teaching the others.
As the OP noted having multiple techniques "in your toolbox" is very important when faced w/ different types of cover/ concealment that do not lend themselves to only using one technique.

The Instructors at the very best (expensive..$$$) classes I've attended on this subject also took the time to explain how the human eye works which helps put everything into context. The fact that this Instructor does also suggests to me that he has had excellent training & is passing it onto others at a pretty reasonable cost.

I was glad to see the reference to where Use of Deadly Force was discussed.
One of my frustrations back when I was attending various schools was that it seemed everyone (but Massad Ayoob & Marty Hayes) only wanted to teach you how to shoot... not when you should or shouldn't.

Pretty important stuff.

Sounds like a good class.

It was an excellent class. It was my second low/no light class and the first that incorporated the use of cover. Technology has changed dramatically since the first when a 60 lumen light ran big bucks and was considered top tier technology.

It was an excellent class. It was my second low/no light class and the first that incorporated the use of cover. Technology has changed dramatically since the first when a 60 lumen light ran big bucks and was considered top tier technology.

Funny. My first tac. light was the 60 lumen Laser Products 6P which I believe predated the Surefire. As you noted it was "state of the art'.
at the time. Now my single AAA ITP kicks out the same lumens for the same amount of time.

It was hard to retire my old S.F. E2 Executive but technology marches on....

I looked into replacing the Xenon head on my Exec Elite with an LED. It costs more than the light did new. :-/

I looked into the same thing because I really liked the size of it.
The G2 series is bulky & their other versions are too pricey so for now I use the Streamlight PT2L for EDC & the G2 for rangework.

Back
Top Bottom