• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Southside SWAP

Southside SWAP

• Total voters
magnum1b magnum1b , for all those with hemroids towards AH. Maybe after the M&G, could George hold a brief, civil Q&A session to answer some of the plaguing rumors/questions that have been around for a while?? This would be optional for anyone to stay and attend AFTER the M&G and give George the opportunity to clear the air in person. Too wild of an idea? Some of the things I've read are pretty damning and it would be nice to at least hear an explanation.

magnum1b magnum1b , for all those with hemroids towards AH. Maybe after the M&G, could George hold a brief, civil Q&A session to answer some of the plaguing rumors/questions that have been around for a while?? This would be optional for anyone to stay and attend AFTER the M&G and give George the opportunity to clear the air in person. Too wild of an idea? Some of the things I've read are pretty damning and it would be nice to at least hear an explanation.

I know you mean well, but George's reputation and questionable business practices have been well known for years, and his legal issues are a matter of public record. Anyone who wants to minimize it "butthurt" just hasn't been around long enough to know any better. If you deal with him a few times one on one it becomes obvious that he's only interested in customers willing to pay retail+ on a gun. My brother got cursed and tossed out his store once over price matching discussion. My point is this - he isn't about to do a Q&A, and if he did, it would be like Boss Hogg doing a press conference selling himself to the citizens Hazzard County.

These days, if he succeeds it will be because he has surrounded himself with better people and hidden in his office, and for their sake I hope the business succeeds. As I said, I would attend a meet there, but only for some of you guys. I'll throw if two more pieces of advice:

1) If you want to buy something talk to Steve or Robert.
2) Bring your own range ammo unless you want to pay an inflated price for ziplock bags of ammo from Academy and Walmart

Reactions: JWC
I know you mean well, but George's reputation and questionable business practices have been well known for years, and his legal issues are a matter of public record. Anyone who wants to minimize it "butthurt" just hasn't been around long enough to know any better. If you deal with him a few times one on one it becomes obvious that he's only interested in customers willing to pay retail+ on a gun. My brother got cursed and tossed out his store once over price matching discussion. My point is this - he isn't about to do a Q&A, and if he did, it would be like Boss Hogg doing a press conference selling himself to the citizens Hazzard County.

These days, if he succeeds it will be because he has surrounded himself with better people and hidden in his office, and for their sake I hope the business succeeds. As I said, I would attend a meet there, but only for some of you guys. I'll throw if two more pieces of advice:

1) If you want to buy something talk to Steve or Robert.
2) Bring your own range ammo unless you want to pay an inflated price for ziplock bags of ammo from Academy and Walmart

I do mean well. But dont mistake it as naivete. If the infamous George knows that a large portion of the local gun community is at odds with him, I would think as at the very least as a concerned business owner he would take every chance at dissolving any issues that would prohibit business. This was simply me trying to get Magnum, who apparently knows him, to communicate with him and get a response. If he's really a weasel and does not see any wrong with his past actions, then nothing will come of it. Or we could just have a M&G at another, better location. Are there any good ranges/gun stores in griffin?

And like many other people, Steve is the only reason Ive ever been to AH 3 times...

Reactions: JWC
I have some strong feeling toward AH. My feelings were stated in the original thread and I will not go into them again as it would serve no purpose. If there is a parking lot swap meet, I would attend. No one is forcing me to support AH. I have done a deal or two in an Academy’s parking lot, because it was convenient, and never felt I was supporting Academy. I would just like to attend a Southside swap meet, and meet some of the members who, for various reasons, cannot attend swap meets or M&Gs that are 80 to 100 miles round trip. If you feel that being in the parking lot is supporting AH and on principle, just cannot attend, I understand. For me, being in the parking lot of a business is not a show of support for that business, it is just a place to meet members and possibly make new friends. Of course, that is my opinion and you have to decide for yourself.

I have some strong feeling toward AH. My feelings were stated in the original thread and I will not go into them again as it would serve no purpose. If there is a parking lot swap meet, I would attend. No one is forcing me to support AH. I have done a deal or two in an Academy’s parking lot, because it was convenient, and never felt I was supporting Academy. I would just like to attend a Southside swap meet, and meet some of the members who, for various reasons, cannot attend swap meets or M&Gs that are 80 to 100 miles round trip. If you feel that being in the parking lot is supporting AH and on principle, just cannot attend, I understand. For me, being in the parking lot of a business is not a show of support for that business, it is just a place to meet members and possibly make new friends. Of course, that is my opinion and you have to decide for yourself.

My feelings exactly JWC hit the nail on the head you don't have to come inside,shoot at the range or give GM a kiss on the cheek just meet with a bunch of like minded individuals that hopefully share the same values. AH doesn't get a penny for this. So you would not be supporting the business or GM. I hope this works out would really like to meet some of you guys I have never been to a MG due to scheduling issues. Always wanted to.

SOUTHSIDE MEET DETAILS
SATURDAY, MAY 30
10AM UNTIL

FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO THE COVERED PARKING SHEDS IF YOU HAVE TRADES, OTHERWISE PLEASE PARK OUTSIDE THE SHED

I finalized the date with George Mazzant today. The most votes were for Saturday, May 30 so that is the date. We will be using one of the large covered parking areas to the right of the main building as you come in the drive. Hours will be 10AM when the range opens and run until the last ones pull out. George will be providing lunch in the form of hotdogs and hamburgers grilled outside. We'll shoot for noon on the food.

Weekends are their busiest time so if you can double up on a bay that might
help them out. There are two bays with ten 25-yard lanes in each bay. I'll have to ask but I believe you can shoot up to .308.

Please RSVP if you can commit by May 27
so I can give the range an estimated head count for the food.

If you want to shoot, the range fee will be $10 per shooter. If you have never shot at this range you will be required to watch a short video on range safety/rules. In addition please follow the following rules when on the property: I know they're "common knowledge" but it never hurts to reiterate.

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Open carry is allowed but please do not unholster your weapon in the parking lot.
I will endeavor to set up a safe area for clearing loaded weapons in the Swap Meet area.
IF YOU MUZZLE ANYONE IN THE AREA YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!

These are my rules and if you don't like or think you can abide by them then please do not come to this event.

Back
Top Bottom