• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Southside Swap Meet POLL

When would you like to see this happen, pick 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like this thing is shaping up. I should be off Night Shift by then and am open to any dates listed. We should keep the Gwinnett meet in mind if we want to have a large turnout. Thanks to magnum1b magnum1b for working things out with American Heritage. IMO if you are an ODT member who has negative feelings about AH then give them a chance to right any of the past wrongs. Remember, you are supporting the ODT by showing up more than the location the M&G is taking place. If this location doesn't work out, then we can always meet somewhere else. I guess what I am trying to say is don't let ill feelings about the location get in the way of supporting your ODT brothers!

There has been a big Yea! on a Southside Swap Meet. We have a location willing to host in American Heritage Gun Range on Highway 42 in McDonough. This is a state of the art 20 lane gun range/store with a large parking lot and covered sheds they are willing to let us use. They have also offered to cookout burgers and dogs for us. The only question is to pick a date and coordinate it with the range. I heard a couple say "after Mother's day". So that puts us between May 16th and June 14th. So, Here's the poll:

After reading the thread I linked below I doubt many will show up at that business. Sounds like they've burnt a few bridges in the past with some ODT members.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/i-stopped-by-american-heritage-today.878540/

Sounds like this thing is shaping up. I should be off Night Shift by then and am open to any dates listed. We should keep the Gwinnett meet in mind if we want to have a large turnout. Thanks to magnum1b magnum1b for working things out with American Heritage. IMO if you are an ODT member who has negative feelings about AH then give them a chance to right any of the past wrongs. Remember, you are supporting the ODT by showing up more than the location the M&G is taking place. If this location doesn't work out, then we can always meet somewhere else. I guess what I am trying to say is don't let ill feelings about the location get in the way of supporting your ODT brothers!
you a pretty smart fellow safe fellow.Like a guy said you dont have to use their range. Support ODT.

After reading the thread I linked below I doubt many will show up at that business. Sounds like they've burnt a few bridges in the past with some ODT members.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/i-stopped-by-american-heritage-today.878540/

I am aware of the issues that people have with American Heritage aka Guns on the Square and I understand that there are members that will not darken the door of this business. I am not advocating people do business with them. The purpose of a M&G is to have a venue for ODT members to get together. There is no pressure to use the facilities at the location and they are offering use of covered area in the event of bad weather. I am sure that if Dick's were chosen as a location for a M&G that some people will have an issue with that as well. As I said, I would hope that people would not let this stop them from attending an event for ODT. I am not passing up on the opportunity to meet fellow members. If only a few people show up, then that is a few more people that I would meet otherwise.

I am aware of the issues that people have with American Heritage aka Guns on the Square and I understand that there are members that will not darken the door of this business. I am not advocating people do business with them. The purpose of a M&G is to have a venue for ODT members to get together. There is no pressure to use the facilities at the location and they are offering use of covered area in the event of bad weather. I am sure that if Dick's were chosen as a location for a M&G that some people will have an issue with that as well. As I said, I would hope that people would not let this stop them from attending an event for ODT. I am not passing up on the opportunity to meet fellow members. If only a few people show up, then that is a few more people that I would meet otherwise.

Totally understand brother! Hope to make it myself this time.

Hope to see you there and hopefully there will be a good turnout! I figured you understood, just kind of wanted to address the thread posting. I hope the weather holds out, but if it doesn't it will be nice to have some covered parking. I am planning on bringing a few things out to possible swap/sell and looking forward to seeing other stuff up for grabs.

Back
Top Bottom