• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

South side metal detectors?

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
curious if anyone down near newnan/Peachtree city metal detects? Getting into the hobby and would love to meet up and hunt together.

I'm up in Forsyth but been wanting to go somewhere new. I don't have many places to go

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I do...
I'm in Bowdon (Carroll County) but have done a lot of the schools and parks in Newnan over the last few years.

Haven't hunted in a while and wouldn't mind doing more...

have done a lot of the schools and parks in Newnan over the last few years.

I also used to hunt schools and parks, but the soccer moms liked 911 because of my knife and digging holes [even though they were later properly filled back in/covered. Police preferred their complaints over my hobby and quality time with my daughter. Thanks.

I also used to hunt schools and parks, but the soccer moms liked 911 because of my knife and digging holes [even though they were later properly filled back in/covered. Police preferred their complaints over my hobby and quality time with my daughter. Thanks.

That's interesting. Never have had an issuse. Occasionally someone will want to stop and chat and ask what I found, but that has been about it the last 10 years.
I've even done curb strips in town.... but for those a yellow vest makes all the difference. Haha...

I've got a couple of old parks I researched in Newnan that I haven't hit yet. Could have some time later this week.
Headed out Gold Dredging the week after the 4th though.

What type of detector do you have?

I’d have to do weekends or after 6pm since I’m not retired yet :-)

I have the equinox 800

I went to a Whites metal detecting school a few years ago. They had a competition where they had placed lots of coins and trinkets in a field. We had a hour to do our best to find the most booty in a competitive manner. It was a lot of fun.

I did the same with my grandkids at the beach. They had a ball finding coins that I buried in the sand.

I’d have to do weekends or after 6pm since I’m not retired yet :-)

I have the equinox 800

I'm semi retired so have a little more time... but also have way too many hobbies. Haha

With the summer heat after 6 doesn't sound bad at all to get a few hours in...
Will message you if I can pick a day to meet up. I use historicariels.com, the old insurance fire maps, and google maps with reverse time to scout older spots that might produce better finds.
Have found a little silver in Newnan but no gold yet.

I run an ATPro.. great for this Georgia soil, but horrible at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom