• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sot 02?

SOT 02 is a manufacturer of NFA items and I think must be combined with a 07 or a 10 before one can build one. It's not a license to free-for-all build whatever you want as it just have some business use. @Nonliberal can put a finer point on it I'm sure. I know of a few others but I know Brian was actively building and selling NFA items and could also service them.

I gave thought to getting one so I could build a machinegun or two, but it's not that simple as the 02 is not exactly for personal use.

I'd love to know the ins and outs of what exactly can be done with one.

Here's the main points about sot and manufacturing.

An FFL type 07 is a manufacturer and then with that FFL you can pay a tax to deal or manufacturer nfa items. The tax is a special occupation tax or SOT for short. The sot type is a type 2. Silencers, machine guns, short barreled rifles and shotguns everything except destructive devices. As an 07/02 we can build whatever we would like as long as it's not a destructive device. We do not have to pay any tax when building said items like form 1 and 4s. We fill out a form 2 letting the atf know we made it and that's pretty much it. We can make and convert any firearm. We can also buy post sample machine guns but either have to have a law letter stating a department would like a demo of a firearm or the seller of the post sample needs to be giving up their sot which means they cannot keep any of the post sample machine guns they have on the books.
The atf will reject law letters for things police departs do not have any business looking at. In the past this was more relaxed but from my understanding good luck getting a law letter for a m240 or pkm.

Because I can, anyone ever seen a 3d printed 22 suppressor. Sounds very good for the length and only took a few hours to print. Will meter it at the nfa talk meet up in Aug and then destructive test it on a 22mg.

Attachments

• 16269898895011635753626576678630.jpg
    16269898895011635753626576678630.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom