• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sorting .22lr ammo- Most to least valuable list

Gutshotstraight

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
This might be a very silly question, but can someone help me list out the most to least valuable .22lr ammo?

I have a lot of different types of .22 lr ammo (brand, weight, fps, etc).
I wanted to know the order so that if I needed to sell some ammo, I would be able to sell the least valuable first and keep the better ones.
I have multiple boxes of the same ammo.
Are all .22lr ammo worth the same?
Are bulk packs cheaper than small boxes?

1. Remington Thunderbolt, Round nose, 40g, 1255 fps, 500 round box
2. Remington Golden Bullet, Plated round nose, 40g, 1255 fps, 100 round box
3. Remington Bucket o' Bullets, Hollow Point, 36g, 1280 fps, 1400 round bucket
4. Aguila Super Extra, Hollow point, 38g, 1280 fps, 500 and 250 round boxes
5. Aguila Super Extra, Copper plated, 40g, 1255 fps, 50 round box
6. Federal Automatch, 40g, 1200 fps, 325 round box
7. Federal Game Shok, Copper plated, 40g, 1240 fps, 50 and 500 round box
8. Norma Match 22, Round nose, 40g, 1100fps, 50 round box
9. CCi Mini mag, Hollow point, 36g, 1260fps, 100 round box
10. CCi Mini mag, Copper plated, 40g, 1235fps, 100 round box
11. CCi Standard Velocity, Round nose, 40g, 1070fps, 100 round box
12. CCi Sub-sonic, Hollow point, 40g, 1050fps, 100 round box
13. Winchester Super X, Copper plated, 40g, 1300fps, 100 round box
14. Winchester M22, Copper plated, 40g, 1255 fps, 1000 round box

Thank you for your time.

Anything with the word “match” in it will usually be of higher value. CCI mini mags are also pretty desirable. Sub sonic would be appealing to someone who has a rimfire suppressor. The Winchester and Federal gameshok should be about on par with each other. As far as what’s “cheapest” on your list in my opinion would be one of the Remingtons or maybe the Aguila copper plated.

With that being said, if you aren’t shooting any competitions and you needed to sell some as stated above, I would consider selling the match ammo first as it may bring you more money than the others. How much? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with any of that but I am confident in saying it’s too much $ to just go out and shoot them at coke cans. And yes “bulk” typically is cheaper per round on something like the bucket-o-bullets, but these days who knows anymore.

Anything with the word “match” in it will usually be of higher value. CCI mini mags are also pretty desirable. Sub sonic would be appealing to someone who has a rimfire suppressor. The Winchester and Federal gameshok should be about on par with each other. As far as what’s “cheapest” on your list in my opinion would be one of the Remingtons or maybe the Aguila copper plated.

With that being said, if you aren’t shooting any competitions and you needed to sell some as stated above, I would consider selling the match ammo first as it may bring you more money than the others. How much? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with any of that but I am confident in saying it’s too much $ to just go out and shoot them at coke cans. And yes “bulk” typically is cheaper per round on something like the bucket-o-bullets, but these days who knows anymore.

Thanks for the info.

That's all pretty much bulk ammo. Minimags will get a bit of a premium.

The Norma Match is not match ammo. It's just branding and is pretty inexpensive. Same as the Automatch. The Golden Bullets (and bucket of bullets) and thunderbolt are bottom of the barrel stuff

6 items are 15 CPR the rest are 10 CPR. But errybody wants 20/30 CPR so asks 25 CPR for all of the items and you can always go down in price

ReservoirDawg10, MaconGuns, an BIKER13,

Thank you for the info. It is very useful.
For convenience, I was just grabbing any 50/100 round boxes and went to the range.
I never opened the bulk (500+) boxes because I was lazy.
The same for 9mm, 5.56, and .223.
My usually trip was:
1 or 2 boxes of .22lr
1 or 2 boxes of 9mm
2 or 3 boxes of 5.56 or .223
Now I will start shooting the bulk ammo (cheap stuff) first.

I have been listing ammo on a local (Coweta) FaceBook auction page.

CCI mini mags brought .40cpr
FED. fmj copper tips brought anywhere from .20cpr-.37cpr.

Sold in 100 round lots. The Fed was loose... YMMV

Round nose will be a little more desirable because it feeds in semi-autos better. Some guns are a little picky about ammo. You may want to test out the different types you have and find out if any don't work well with your gun.

I sold off some excess ammo a while back. I just guessed at pricing and lowered the stuff that didn't sell every few days until it sold.

Back
Top Bottom