• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Son Looking For Full Time Position.

For real.

I graduated in 82 and there’s wasn’t a job of any kind to be found anywhere .
If you wanted to be a game warden of some state job, you had to be the nephew of a senator or something . And now every industry and every state and govt job is begging for people .

Hvac or plumbing or electrical or welding is a good gig .
The only issue with trades , is , you’re not going to make the good money working for someone else, you gotta hang
Out your own shingle.
An hvac tech gets $13-18 an hour, while the customer pays $95 hr.

if you can work for Someone else for two years and get them to sign the form saying you can get your own ticket , then you can charge $95 hr

A job as a lineman with Georgia Power or something is a good gig .
I’d pick Ga Power or an EMC
Over Pike , Probabaly more stable work and better benefits long term .

Right now the job market for young people is wide open , you just gotta decide what you want to do.

I’d highly recommend being an apprentice for an hvac or electrician , instead of retail stores or restaurants.
Retail and restaurants are dead end jobs with no room for advancement .
Same with truck driving , pay is good in the beginning but Not much room for advancement .
Not true. Where do you think General Managers, corporate wine buyers, Regional Directors, etc come from? They all started as a busboy. The Food and Beverage Director at The Sanctuary in Kiawah Island (google it if you’re not familiar) started as an 18 yr old food runner. FYI, food runners at Bones’ make $60k a year with full bennies, working about 32 hours a week. Servers can make $80+.

I worked in restaurants for 15 years, got promoted 4 times, and was the GM at 2 very famous high-end restaurants. I left that job for a new career in a tangential business.

As with any career, be judicious in where you apply. Don’t work at the local ****ty wing joint. Find a place with insurance, 401k and vacation. Find a place that promotes from within. Talk to the staff and ask pertinent questions. They’ll be upfront about everything.

I knew mine couldnt go to college so I had him get a job with a local company and he went to Machinist school. Since 2006 he has worked all over the world with his present employer.

Constellium in White, GA is always hiring. Operators make 16.00 plus shift differential starting out. Ability for overtime and double time every week. Benefits start day 1, with 401(k) match. Its not the most glamourous work, but it will pay the bills while he goes to school.

Highly recommend L.E.O. Awesome Gear ( depending on the department ) , take home vehicle , good insurance ( depending on the department, high thrill situations that transform a immature person into a tough hardcore mother trucker. Im a example of that . Also as of now i work for a good company called Constellium based out in White , Ga as a Re Work Welder . Welding is a good trade job that one can transition into doing his own welding company.

Back
Top Bottom